Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
RE: All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
Tanwt, I got my machine in Late February last year and they have not updated the firmware to record RERA events, although I think they did some other update. It has occurred to me to ask if they would update it, but I haven't yet. I think I might even pay for the update, if it wasn't too much.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2016, 09:48 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Tanwt, I got my machine in Late February last year and they have not updated the firmware to record RERA events, although I think they did some other update. It has occurred to me to ask if they would update it, but I haven't yet. I think I might even pay for the update, if it wasn't too much.

ok. noted
Post Reply Post Reply
btw, do you guys feel your memory improved with CPAP usage?
Post Reply Post Reply
I had an resmed s10 elite, unit was new
It will work fine,
The only issue is, i want to set the language from frensh to german or english,
But i only can select frensh in the clinical menu,

I also cant update the software, because the unit was comming over from frensh to germany and i dont have wireless connection,
I will see the serviceprovider in the clinic setup, but the icon will still be grey (no connection)

Is there any sulution for that ?
Can i upgrade with usb cable ?
I have contact resmed, the only says, contact your dealer
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2016, 12:17 PM)Paull Wrote: I had an resmed s10 elite, unit was new
It will work fine,
The only issue is, i want to set the language from frensh to german or english,
But i only can select frensh in the clinical menu,

I also cant update the software, because the unit was comming over from frensh to germany and i dont have wireless connection,
I will see the serviceprovider in the clinic setup, but the icon will still be grey (no connection)

Is there any sulution for that ?
Can i upgrade with usb cable ?
I have contact resmed, the only says, contact your dealer
The clinical manual say, not all languages available in all regions. Just checked on my machine, there 4 languages options under "Configuration" to choose from ... English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese
Turn the dial to highlight "Language" and then press the dial
Turn the dial to "English" and press the dial to confirm the change
All the instructions are shown here http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info and how to get the clinical manual for your CPAP machine

As for the software upgrade, its done by ResMed remotely and not something can be done by the user

I got my machine from US as local prices are shocker, software upgrade not available outside the region of the purchase but I'm not concerned about that, people travel and move to different countries all the time. If not mistaken, they cannot change the machine algorthim or something important like that, otherwise will be a new machine altogether, and those things will need FDA approval

Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
I am a relatively new member to the AB and this is my first thread on this forum. A CPAP machine has been part of my life since the mid 1990s and I continue to learn and manage sleep apnea.

I recently received a Resmed Air Sense 10 Autoset machine and really like it with one exception. With the Smart Start feature enabled (I have the clinical set up manual), the machine automatically starts when you place the mask on your face. However, the machine will not automatically stop when the mask is removed. My service provider has been contacted about this problem and all "they" did was give me a new machine which has the same issue.

By performing some trials with different settings, I learned the Smart Start feature will start and stop the machine as desired only if the EFR feature is disabled. However, I really like the EFR feature on the machine as this improves my mask seal.

Has anyone on the forum experienced this issue and found a solution to it?

Thanks in advance for any comments on this issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2016, 09:13 AM)Buddie43 Wrote: I recently received a Resmed Air Sense 10 Autoset machine and really like it with one exception. With the Smart Start feature enabled (I have the clinical set up manual), the machine automatically starts when you place the mask on your face. However, the machine will not automatically stop when the mask is removed. My service provider has been contacted about this problem and all "they" did was give me a new machine which has the same issue.

I had the same difficulty. When I take the mask off my face, the machine does not stop.

What I found was that if I disconnected the hose from the mask, it would auto shut-off. It might have something to do with the amount of air coming out of the tube being used to determine if it's just a leak vs. not being worn. With the mask disconnected from the hose, it seemed to sense that it wasn't being used any more and shuts off now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I had the same difficulty. When I take the mask off my face, the machine does not stop.

What I found was that if I disconnected the hose from the mask, it would auto shut-off. It might have something to do with the amount of air coming out of the tube being used to determine if it's just a leak vs. not being worn. With the mask disconnected from the hose, it seemed to sense that it wasn't being used any more and shuts off now.

Thanks for the above comment! However, when I tried your suggestion, my machine continued to run with the nasal mask off my face.

Post Reply Post Reply
Did you disconnect the hose from the mask?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't believe smart stop works with nasal pillows. So, mine starts ok. I have to shut the machine down manually.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 468 4 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,924 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,323 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 182 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,011 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 180 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  F&P SleepStyle or ResMed AirSense 10 Tampa Jim 5 360 03-04-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.