Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
RE: All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
(08-21-2016, 03:47 PM)pholynyk Wrote: My Airsense 10 Autoset is also SX567-0302 and does not show a Leak Alert.

icyura10 has an AirCurve machine, rather than an AirSense. I'm not sure if that accounts for the SW difference.

I'm glad to know my SW is up-to-date. Smile The thread I posted a few posts back referred to both Airsense and Aircurve as having the Leak Detect. It would seem it would only be the Aircurve that has that as an option. Now I'm curious what the alarm Yak12 experienced was actually for as he indicates his machine is an Airsense!

Post Reply Post Reply
G'day guys, I've just started on CPAP (Sleep Study Last week) and have been trialing a machine since Friday Night. I have a followup with the supplier later this week but wanted to check some stuff myself before and found this forum.

The two questions I have (at the moment) are about my sleep report (just on the screen on the machine, not using software just yet).

(09-04-2014, 03:40 AM)sharp56 Wrote: HOME

MY OPTIONS

Mask (Pillows, FullFace, Nasal)

SLEEP REPORT

Pressure (cmH2O)

Mask - does it make much of a difference. My machine is set to Pillows, but I'm using a Nasal Mask?

Pressure, what is this number telling me. As I understand it, my Prescription is for a Fixed Pressure of 12mmH2O. This number for the 3 nights I've used the machine has read 6.0, 8.0, 9.0 which makes me think its variable.

My events per hour was 0,0, 0.1
and my AHI's etc at the bottom of the report have all been 0.

Thanks in advance, I have a bit of reading to do on this forum I think.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BigDog816
I'm not so sure if makes much difference in scheme of things but I do what ResMed say, set mask type as the mask I'm using
When you start the machine, treatment pressure is displayed on the screen, if set on variable, two numbers (one lower and one higher) displayed on the screen

You can check the setting from the clinical menu, here are the instructions http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info and how to get the clinical manual (highly recommended) for your CPAP machine

You can also download the software http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./ , as the machine is trial one, might have data from other users
They should (might not) erase machine data before handing the machine to a new user, but not an issue if they didn't, you can discard any data doesn't belong to you

AHI is one indication of how the therapy is working, also number of hours of actual sleep and how you feel in comparison to prior treatment

Shop around for best deal and if you have insurance, check with then for any rebate

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk.

I've check and my machine is on a set pressure (only one number shows on the screen when it is ramping up.)

There is still a Pressure listed in my sleep report each morning. was going to post a pic, but i don't have enough posts to do so yet. will when i can.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2016, 02:23 AM)BigDog816 Wrote: Mask - does it make much of a difference. My machine is set to Pillows, but I'm using a Nasal Mask?

It makes a small difference that, in the scheme of things you're dealing with and trying to learn now, is not important.

As for the pressure, find out if your machine is set to a fixed pressure, or a range of pressures. If the latter, the machine is adjusting the pressure within that range. It will keep it as low as it can, and raise it only when it anticipates or detects a collapsed airway.

Note that the ramp feature is an entirely separate issue. Ramp starts you at a lower pressure and gradually raises it to either the fixed pressure setting or the lower end of the pressure range, depending on the setting mentioned above. The idea is that it allows you to fall asleep at a lower more comfortable pressure, but most people find they no longer need it after a few days of adaptation.

The fact that your report shows that the pressure is not always the same could be due to ramping, or it could be due that setting I mentioned. Every time you shut the machine off and turn it on, the ramp starts all over again.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Again.

I've changed the mask setting.

Fairly certain I'm on a fixed pressure.

The "Pressure" number I'm referring to I think is an average of some sort, although explaining my thoughts on this is heading off topic I think. It will be clearer when I can post a picture.
Post Reply Post Reply
So im in a little bit of a situation here. Im a truck driver and I was in compliance for many years.I feel like I have been sleeping well do to weight loss so im not using the machine as often. My DOT physical is coming up and I have to show compliance or I lose my job for a failed physical. Is there anyway to download compliance data to my sd so my ResScan software shows im in compliance?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2016, 07:06 PM)maximuslucia Wrote: So im in a little bit of a situation here. Im a truck driver and I was in compliance for many years.I feel like I have been sleeping well do to weight loss so im not using the machine as often. My DOT physical is coming up and I have to show compliance or I lose my job for a failed physical. Is there anyway to download compliance data to my sd so my ResScan software shows im in compliance?

They make it difficult to cheat, and even if we knew of a way to do it we wouldn't be fulfilling our mission by promoting it.

My suggestion is that you get another sleep study and demonstrate that you no longer need the machine. Failing that, set the machine at a pressure of 4 cm (the lowest setting) and see if you then have a AHI of less than 5. If you don't, at least you'll then know that you do need the machine.

(And by the way, I know of no way to cheat, and I've never heard of anyone who does, or of any way of doing it. The machine knows if you're breathing.)

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
cheat .... I would not stop using the machine personnaly
it gives me at least 5 hours of awake time a day , compared to my pre-CPAP days
soon as my employer got the diagnostic ( 62.5 Apnea an hour)
they pulled me off the job (passenger train engineer), got small compensation from
group insurance , but lost 3 weeks salary.
if you have safety sensitive job , just do what they say.
I understand that maybe your weight loss has improved
your apnea , but just get another test to proove it , or they will send you home.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2016, 07:06 PM)maximuslucia Wrote: So im in a little bit of a situation here. Im a truck driver and I was in compliance for many years.I feel like I have been sleeping well do to weight loss so im not using the machine as often. My DOT physical is coming up and I have to show compliance or I lose my job for a failed physical. Is there anyway to download compliance data to my sd so my ResScan software shows im in compliance?

Good job on losing weight, but that doesn't mean your sleep apnea is gone.

Unless you can find a doctor that would state you no longer have SA, then I agree, you do have a bit of a situation.

You had to be aware of your DOT physical coming up, so why put your job and financial security at risk? Not to mention the innocent folk on the roadways just praying that the truck driver next to them doesn't nod off while driving. Sad

No, we would never help you cheat, and there is no way for you to show compliance if you haven't used your Cpap.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 5 456 8 hours ago
Last Post: xaid
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,897 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,310 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 178 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,004 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 178 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  F&P SleepStyle or ResMed AirSense 10 Tampa Jim 5 360 03-04-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.