IMHO- the best thing for you to do is:
1) Make sure your SD card is in the machine
2) Put the mask on tonight when you go to bed, and wear it as long as you can every night until your physical.
3) The compliance math used my the DOT is a combination of hours and nights.
4) Try and put off the physical until you have used the device for 21 days
5) Take your SD card with you when you go to your doctor so he has objective evidence that you are being treated. He can then have a constructive conversation with you about your sleep apnea diagnosis
Do you suffer from any daytime sleepiness?
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy
Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.