Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
RE: All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
Maximimuslucia

IMHO- the best thing for you to do is:
1) Make sure your SD card is in the machine
2) Put the mask on tonight when you go to bed, and wear it as long as you can every night until your physical.
3) The compliance math used my the DOT is a combination of hours and nights.
4) Try and put off the physical until you have used the device for 21 days
5) Take your SD card with you when you go to your doctor so he has objective evidence that you are being treated. He can then have a constructive conversation with you about your sleep apnea diagnosis

Do you suffer from any daytime sleepiness?
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2016, 11:39 PM)Kazimodo Wrote: if you have safety sensitive job , just do what they say.

Or if you're interested in an improved quality of life AND a longer life.

It's a total no-brainer!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Running into a problem. I reset my machine and erased all data on my card. Now, I cant see my sleep history unless I go into the clinical menu. I used to be able to see different intervals of time. I dont know if this matters but i have no cell reception at my house either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2016, 08:04 AM)0rangebear Wrote: Maximimuslucia

IMHO- the best thing for you to do is:
1) Make sure your SD card is in the machine
2) Put the mask on tonight when you go to bed, and wear it as long as you can every night until your physical.
3) The compliance math used my the DOT is a combination of hours and nights.
4) Try and put off the physical until you have used the device for 21 days
5) Take your SD card with you when you go to your doctor so he has objective evidence that you are being treated. He can then have a constructive conversation with you about your sleep apnea diagnosis

Do you suffer from any daytime sleepiness?

Thank you for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
I am newly diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea. I knew my sleep was disturbed because I am alwas sleepy, plus I have a year of FitBit data showing how many times I would wake up. Last night was just my 3rd night of using my ResMed 10 Autosense for Her. My AHI has literally dropped 90% from the sleep study, so I I finally believe this expensive machine is NOT the "hooey" I suspected - LOL. My insurance copay for this Durable Med Equipment is 50%, so I am still in the trial loaner - 60 day period.

Thanks for all the postings! I found answers to so many questions. For now I will continue to use the data provided via the MyAir website. Everything is at auto settings now, the clinician will analyze the data in December and make setting adjustments then.Thanks

Over the years as a Supervisor, I have lost many good employees for "failure to comply" with safety issues/ tests, documenation, etc... I concur with the others, follow policy, and be sure you can stay awake for everyone's safety.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2016, 02:51 PM)DrPearl Wrote: My insurance copay for this Durable Med Equipment is 50%, so I am still in the trial loaner - 60 day period.

Be sure to check the insurance authorized price to the DME and compare to the purchase price from online DME suppliers. The Airsense 10 Autoset for Her can be had for about $750 complete with humidifier and hose. Your DME will likely invoice a-la-carte and your 50% copay could easily exceed the online prices. If you buy on your own, no compliance monitoring or other crap. In fact I just saw 2 available on Amazon for $642 each.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
New to CPAC and this group so forgive me if this question has been asked. I just got my Airsence 10 this past week. The first 4 nights it was extremely quite with no noise at all. The past 2 nights it has started making a sound only when I breath in. It sounds like a wind up toy and is very annoying. Dont-know Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions.

Thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I have experienced this. My brand new Airsense 10 Autoset did this right out of the box. I thought 'Gee this is noisy', and slept with earplugs for a few nights, then I took it back to the supplier. I was given a loaner machine while it was repaired. The cause was a faulty seal. The repair took about a week. (I am in Australia)
Post Reply Post Reply
Do the repairs take longer in Oz because you folks are upside down?? Big Grin Big Grin

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
!od yeht deednISmile

No stress from my part. The loaner was a brand new Airsense 10 Autoset, so I wasn't worried how long it took. It was a little concerning that my machine failed so soon, though.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 475 7 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,933 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,337 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 182 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,017 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 183 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  F&P SleepStyle or ResMed AirSense 10 Tampa Jim 5 360 03-04-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.