Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
RE: All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
I have recently returned from a European holiday. I was surprised to see MyAir updated just about every day while I was travelling.

My previous understanding was that the mobile connection to MyAir was only possible in the country of origin. (In my case, Australia).

It connected and updated in Greece, Croatia, Italy and Switzerland, but not in Albania or Montenegro.

Has anyone else experienced updates while travelling in different countries?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that the data is updated when a connection can be made to the wireless network, and roaming is not a problem. Also, if data is not sent for any reason, it is simply transmitted when the device has a connection again. So the data could have been transmitted at any time, even upon your return.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2016, 02:57 PM)icyura10 Wrote: SW = SX567-0306

you might try toggling off the essentials plus and see what happens..

Like I said, I've got an AirCurve...

For a backup I picked up a 2215 (22=Aussie made, 15=2015) Aircurve10 ASV with:

Modem. SX558-0312
Humidifier. SX556-0204
Device. SX567-0302

So it appears to have received a modem update or two and maybe a humidifier update, but it does not appear to have received a device software update because it still has the -0302 version, and my 2016 has the -0305 version ( and other 2016 Aircurve 10 ASVs have a -0306 device software version) .

I tend to associate higher device software numbers with newer algorithms, but that is just an assumption on my part. I suppose a newer algorithm could be downloaded over the air without changing any software numbers.

Has anyone with a 2015 or 2014 Airsense or Aircurve received an over the air update to their device software #, or is everyone with a 2015/2014 stuck with SX567-0302?

Just wondering if Resmed is sharing its newer algorithms with older models, or just sending out necessary 'fix it' updates for the modem and humidifier.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2016, 04:52 PM)klv329 Wrote: Just wondering if Resmed is sharing its newer algorithms with older models, or just sending out necessary 'fix it' updates for the modem and humidifier.

No manufacturer seems keen to do firmware updates. It could be that some lower-end models could be turned into upper-end models (for example turn an AirSense 10 into an AirCurve 10) with just a firmware change. If that's true it would certainly explain their reluctance to make firmware updates available.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2016, 04:25 PM)Sleepster Wrote: ... If that's true it would certainly explain their reluctance to make firmware updates available.

If they could do it for enough of a fee, they would do it.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2016, 09:12 PM)Beej Wrote: If they could do it for enough of a fee, they would do it.

Checking Supplier #1 for prices ...

Resmed AirStart 10 sells for $285.
AirCurve 10 VAuto sells for $1726.

If (and I do mean if) the former could be changed into the latter by changing only the firmware, that would be a carefully-guarded proprietary corporate secret that would need to be kept at all costs. Letting it out would destroy the marketing scheme that's based on that pricing structure. No fee would be high enough to make up for those losses.

Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-25-2016, 09:08 AM)Sleepster Wrote:
(12-24-2016, 09:12 PM)Beej Wrote: If they could do it for enough of a fee, they would do it.

Checking Supplier #1 for prices ...

Resmed AirStart 10 sells for $285.
AirCurve 10 VAuto sells for $1726.

If (and I do mean if) the former could be changed into the latter by changing only the firmware, that would be a carefully-guarded proprietary corporate secret that would need to be kept at all costs. Letting it out would destroy the marketing scheme that's based on that pricing structure. No fee would be high enough to make up for those losses.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the hardware is identical (that goes for the dreamstation line as well). The complexity in modern, connected CPAP devices (and most devices) is the software, the algorithms, etc. It takes significantly more work, development time, and quality assurance to create biPAP/VPAP software than it does fixed CPAP. There are so many more variables.

To me, you are really paying for a more complex software package. To that end, they should sell one device and license more complex software. (But they can't, because someone would figure out how to load it for free).
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds lazy to me, to not release firmware to your machines. There are ways to ensure your firmware will only run on the right sort of machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Was wondering if anyone is using the reminders function in the clinical menu? Right now in Google Calendar, I have manually entered time intervals throughout the year to alarm when I need to replace pillows, filter, hose, humidifier chamber and hose. The Google function works well but I am afraid I may miss an alert when my kids have hijacked the phone.

Does the reminder work as prescribed? Any false indicators? I am all about automation and would love if the function was built in to SleepyHead or ResScan as I seem to use those daily.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a reminder set into your APAP.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 357 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,719 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,597 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,764 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.