Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
RE: All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
(09-05-2014, 02:50 AM)Gabby Wrote:
(09-05-2014, 12:49 AM)zonk Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 11:56 PM)Gabby Wrote: I wonder how many Australians actually buy their machines here and pay that price?
I was lucky to buy one for under $400.00 in the U.S.
It pays to shop around!
Not many people brave enough buy their machines on-line.
Main reasons to buy machine locally: local support, claiming insurance rebate and the warranty in Australia
At $400 its a steal. Thanks to you, mine should be here sometimes next week. I,m putting some money on the side for a couple of masks

$50.00 for masks compared to nearly $300.00, certainly nothing to be sniffed at.
Good luck with your new machine.

Hello, I am new in "Reply", only Read. Hope I am doing this righ.  I am in the process of ordering an Airsense 10 AutoSet for my uncle in Hong Kong. The standard price around is $883 I would like to know where I can buy an Airsense 10 for $400? please send email if you cannot disclose business info this forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ling6405 - Welcome
Try looking at Supplier #2 in the supplier list. The link is at the top of the page but I've placed one below.
Supplier List

Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2014, 03:40 AM)sharp56 Wrote:
Quote:
Quote:I understand at this moment the SleepyHead software has not yet been updated to Airsense 10. Maybe in the near future, the maker of the software will update it to include Airsense 10 which will enable the layman to understand the complicated sleep analysis better

Sorry I guess I double quoted there and I don't see a way to reverse that.

I emailed the Developer last year about that, and he replied that it will work with the AirSense 10 Autoset even though the documentation has not been updated to reflect that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2014, 03:40 AM)sharp56 Wrote: I understand at this moment the SleepyHead software has not yet been updated to Airsense 10. Maybe in the near future, the maker of the software will update it to include Airsense 10 which will enable the layman to understand the complicated sleep analysis better.

(12-22-2018, 01:19 AM)biyahero Wrote: I emailed the Developer last year about that, and he replied that it will work with the AirSense 10 Autoset even though the documentation has not been updated to reflect that.

The message you quoted was written 4 years ago. It was probably true back then. Coffee

I've been using SleepyHead since 2015 so it wasn't long after the message sharp56 wrote that Mark included support for it. If I remember, Airsense 10 was the machine he was (and probably still is) using.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I would like to know if the 

"Hypoallergenic Filters for S9, AirSense 10 and AirCurve 10 - 12/pack Item #: 36857 Manufacturer: ResMed"

is an AntiBacterial Filter or not, or if there is actually such a thing as an AntiBacterial Filter?  Resmed "Customer Service" told me once I think that there was no such thing as an AntiBacterial Filter, BUT there is a setting on the Clinical Menu "AB Filter" with settings Yes or No which would seem to imply that there must be such a thing or why would that choice be on the menu?

Does anyone here know the answer to that.  The Hypoallergenic Filters I have are one step up from the Standard Filters, but if they are not "AntiBacterial Filters" probably I should leave my Clinical Menu "AB Filter" setting set to NO as it is now?
Post Reply Post Reply
An AB filter is one that goes inline on the hose and is usually a round filter.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2018, 10:48 PM)bonjour Wrote: An AB filter is one that goes inline on the hose and is usually a round filter.

Thank you for clarifying that! Do you know if ResMed makes such a thing, or would it be a third party component?
I'll leave my machine set for NO then.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AntiBacterial filter is a third party item, and they usually clog up if they get wet, so they are not recommended if you are using the humidifier.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AB  filters are membrane filters with a very small pore size and small surface area.. They restrict flow much more than any other filter type. Also, they are hydrophobic and will be blocked if they become wet. Check the manual for your machine and be sure an AB filter can be used. I have seen warnings that they may effect the accuracy of pressure readings. Resmed recommends the Pall pleated filter which is sold by Supplier #3 for $4.95. Because it is pleated it has much more surface area and much less flow resistance than disk filters.

I'm curious. Do you feel you need a bacterial filter and why?
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2018, 11:45 PM)Melman Wrote: The AB  filters are membrane filters with a very small pore size and small surface area.. They restrict flow much more than any other filter type. Also, they are hydrophobic and will be blocked if they become wet. Check the manual for your machine and be sure an AB filter can be used. I have seen warnings that they may effect the accuracy of pressure readings. Resmed recommends the Pall pleated filter which is sold by [/url][url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List?pid=31#pid31]Supplier #3 for $4.95. Because it is pleated it has much more surface area and much less flow resistance than disk filters.

I'm curious. Do you feel you need a bacterial filter and why?

Thanks for explaining that!  

I don't think I need one actually... I guess I was just curious as to what it was and whether the Hypoallergenic Filters 
I have are that or not, to be sure I have the "AB Filter: YES or NO" setting set properly.

That makes sense there would be a setting if some people use them because it sounds like since they restrict the flow the machine would need to compensate for that.

Now if ever I should need one I know where to get it.  Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 477 8 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,936 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,337 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 182 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,022 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 183 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  F&P SleepStyle or ResMed AirSense 10 Tampa Jim 5 360 03-04-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.