Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
RE: All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
Okay

Machine delivered a few hours ago by Fedex (very professional operation here in Sydney). All up from ordering online to delivery to my doorstep 2 days 15 hours.

Am extremely happy with it; Compared to the Resmed S9:

the water tank is sooooo much easier to remove, fill, and view the water level
the machine is absolutely silent. With the S9 I could hear air rushing through the humidifier
from a brief 2 minute test standing with the mask over my face, I can tell this is a great algorithm and no doubt tweaked by Resmed since the S9 first hit the streets
the screen is so much easier to read, and I know I can swing the machine around on the bedside table to see it while I'm in bed - a vast improvement
it just looks so much better and while it's footprint is only a bit smaller than the s9 it seems a LOT smaller
the air inlet is now horizontal whereas the S9 sucked the air off the table (including any dust lying on it
the filter is much easier to access, remove, and replace

Price in Australia after $500 Health Fund rebate: $1,795
Price from America after delivery, exchange rate, and customs duty: $1,185
SAVING $610

I think back to the prehistoric Sullivan V machine that Resmed sold me in 1996 and compare it to the Airsense 10 and it's like chalk and cheese.

God bless Professor Colin Sullivan (after whom the machines were named) from Sydney's RPA hospital for inventing both the air machine AND the mask

http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/a-...24mwd.html

[Image: art-353-colin-20sullivan-300x0.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2014, 04:38 AM)lab rat Wrote: from a brief 2 minute test standing with the mask over my face, I can tell this is a great algorithm and no doubt tweaked by Resmed since the S9 first hit the streets

ResMed has said no changes were introduced in the "enhanced AutoSet" algorithm used on both the S9 AutoSet and A10 AutoSet, but Zonk said his A10 AutoSet seemed to raise the pressure faster and higher, so I suspect perhaps the airflow and pressure sensors may be more sensitive or something.

The A10 AutoSet For Her model additionally has the new AutoSet For Her therapy mode, of course.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2014, 06:45 AM)vsheline Wrote:
(11-06-2014, 04:38 AM)lab rat Wrote: from a brief 2 minute test standing with the mask over my face, I can tell this is a great algorithm and no doubt tweaked by Resmed since the S9 first hit the streets

ResMed has said no changes were introduced in the "enhanced AutoSet" algorithm used on both the S9 AutoSet and A10 AutoSet, but Zonk said his A10 AutoSet seemed to raise the pressure faster and higher, so I suspect perhaps the airflow and pressure sensors may be more sensitive or something.

The A10 AutoSet For Her model additionally has the new AutoSet For Her therapy mode, of course.

It was an interesting first night.

Definitely noticed a difference in the airflow but can't really describe it, just not as smooth as I was used to with the S9.

As you say might be more sensitive or might need "wearing in" lol
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2014, 03:40 AM)sharp56 Wrote: ACCESSORIES
AB Filter (No or Yes)

OPTIONS
Essential (Plus or on)
Smart Start (On or Off)
Reminders (Mask, Water Tub, Tube and Filter)

CONFIGURATION
Language (English, French, Spanish or Portuguese)
Date (Day/Month/Year)
Time (Hours/Mins)
Pressure Unit (cmH2O or hPa)
Temperature Unit (Farenheight or Centigrade)
Restore Default (No or Yes)
Erase Data (No or Yes)
About (Device no and run hours, CX No, Humidifier No and Internal Modem Details such as Serial No, Provider, Type, Service and signal)

Sleep Report Software

The ResScan 5.1 software works well with the Airsense 10 data. If you had installed the ResScan 5.1 software correctly (with the 3 drivers unchecked) onto your PC, the software will automatically recognize the SD Card as soon as you plug in the SD Card reader and ask you whether you would like to download the data in the SD Card.

After you have downloaded the data from your Airsense SD Card, the software will compile a detailed medical record viz:

1. Device settings of your Airsense 10 such as your minimum pressure, maximum pressure, EPR settings, the Ramp time and whether the essentials (detailed information) are set on.
2. Statistics of your sleep report from 1 day to 6 months showing your total usage of your device, your respiratory Indices (Apnea/Hypopnea index differentiating between Obstructive and central apnea), Leakage (L/min) and your Pressure (Median, 95th percentile and Maximum in cmH2O)
3. A Summary Graph of your Usage, AHI and AI, Total Usage & Cheyne-Stokes Hours, Leakage (L/min) and Pressure (cmH2O).
4. A detailed graph of (3) above.
5. Oximetry Statistics if you have installed an optional oximetry device to your Airsense.

I understand at this moment the SleepyHead software has not yet been updated to Airsense 10. Maybe in the near future, the maker of the software will update it to include Airsense 10 which will enable the layman to understand the complicated sleep analysis better.

Costs

The price quoted by ResMed in my country is exorbitant – almost like 130% more than what I would have purchased from the US with air-courier charges included. It took 5 days for the device to be air-couriered from USA to my country in Malaysia.

I made a search on the internet from several online suppliers. Do note that the majority of the US suppliers have restrictions like requiring a medical prescription and restriction on selling to countries outside the USA. So if you are staying outside US, do ask from them whether the restrictions apply to you. They all have excellent Online Chat where they answer to your enquiries in

In the end, I chose 1800CPAP because not only are their air-courier charges the cheapest (About US$64 using FedEx from Ohio, USA to my house in Malaysia), they are the most convenient among the lot for me. They do not require doctor’s prescription for oversea customers and they don’t have restriction in selling to countries outside USA.

Information and Software Download

There are much information and wealth of materials including software available on this website. Like me, if you are inflicted with this sleep disorder, do read this forum and equip yourself with the necessary information to overcome it.

You can download the ResScan 5.1 software from this forum (thank you, Apneaboard, I certainly benefited from it). However, you may need to register yourself as member first

[At first I posted the links to the various thread in this forum for easy reference/retrieval but could not because I have less than 8 posts...sorry guys]

Great writeup sharing - thanks!

I'm also from Malaysia - just joined today & it would be great to get in touch with you! Airsense 10 is not yet launched in Malaysia currently.
CPAP is expensive here because there's no medical insurance for this.

Cheers! =)
Post Reply Post Reply
Got my new machine 10 days ago, I am going on vacation next week, with my old one I never took the humidifier since I didn't need it in a hotel, but since it built in to the Airsense 10 I have no option but to bring it, but I want to turn it off how do I do that so I don't have to put water in and used it w/o humidification.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2015, 09:21 PM)retlt72 Wrote: Got my new machine 10 days ago, I am going on vacation next week, with my old one I never took the humidifier since I didn't need it in a hotel, but since it built in to the Airsense 10 I have no option but to bring it, but I want to turn it off how do I do that so I don't have to put water in and used it w/o humidification.

Seems to me you'd just not fill the reservoir. I have run mine a couple of times without water and it seemed to work just fine. No warnings on the screen or anything. Obviously if you are going to be carrying it around you don't want water in it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2015, 09:34 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 09:21 PM)retlt72 Wrote: Got my new machine 10 days ago, I am going on vacation next week, with my old one I never took the humidifier since I didn't need it in a hotel, but since it built in to the Airsense 10 I have no option but to bring it, but I want to turn it off how do I do that so I don't have to put water in and used it w/o humidification.

Seems to me you'd just not fill the reservoir. I have run mine a couple of times without water and it seemed to work just fine. No warnings on the screen or anything. Obviously if you are going to be carrying it around you don't want water in it.

I guess that would work as long as the heat doesn't come on. But before I got I asked if the humidifier can be turned off and I was told it could, but no one told me how.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found it under the climate control option, if it's set to manual the humidifier can be turned off, thanks all
Post Reply Post Reply
Can someone tell me the correct Part# for a ClimateSense heated tube that will work with my ResMed AirSense 10 Elite?
Also, where to buy for the best cost savings?
It seems all the ones on eBay are for the S9 model. Thinking-about
thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2015, 02:47 PM)wabbit21 Wrote: Can someone tell me the correct Part# for a ClimateSense heated tube that will work with my ResMed AirSense 10 Elite?
Also, where to buy for the best cost savings?
It seems all the ones on eBay are for the S9 model. Thinking-about
thanks

OK I found it: It is ResMed Part# 37296
Best price so far is $38 free shipping

I have a call in to my local equipment supplier to ask about price/availability.
can't wait to hear them squirm when they tell me their price which will typically be double...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 5 458 8 hours ago
Last Post: xaid
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,907 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,313 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 178 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,005 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 178 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  F&P SleepStyle or ResMed AirSense 10 Tampa Jim 5 360 03-04-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.