Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
RE: All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
Under Pressure: Hmmmm... now I might just leave as it is! Big Grin Because, you know, engineers do stuff like that.

Soundguy: PM'd you, with a question. During the intermission between periods.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2015, 07:35 PM)trailrider Wrote: Under Pressure: Hmmmm... now I might just leave as it is! Big Grin Because, you know, engineers do stuff like that.

That was a good reply ! <giggle>

Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2015, 02:55 PM)under pressure Wrote: Either Sleepyhead ver 9.8-1 or latest version of Rescan will display the downloaded data from the SD card.

Holy crap, from what I can tell so far the Sleepyhead software is wayyyy better than what Resmed provides with Resscan. I love charts, graphs, and data, and will likely just use the Sleephead software from now on. It also runs on a Mac which is cool Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead is very good. Has all the bells and whistles one could want. I had also loaded Rescan to compare. I uninstalled it this week.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used both in the past, but Rescan can be a brain strain........Sleepyhead is easy to use and much easier to analyze the data........I don't bother with Rescan any more at this point.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for the excellent information on the S10. You gave me the confidence to order my S10 from the US for delivery to Melbourne. Cost was $US920 for the S10AutoSense with Climateline, $US72 for freight (Fedex in 4 days!) and $AU57 for Australian Import Duty. Total about $AU1300. (Best Melbourne price I could find was $AU1995) (Gabby, I would love to know where you sourced a machine for $400!)

One concern though, My new machine has the US modem and therefore will not connect to the wireless network here. I have no problem that Resmed or my doctor cannot get wireless access but I am wondering what firmware upgrades I may miss. Does anyone from the USA know how often and how significant the firmware upgrades are? Does anyone know if the firmware can be upgraded via the SD?

Thanks again for the valued information.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2015, 07:44 PM)Mike Evans Wrote: One concern though, My new machine has the US modem and therefore will not connect to the wireless network here. I have no problem that Resmed or my doctor cannot get wireless access but I am wondering what firmware upgrades I may miss. Does anyone from the USA know how often and how significant the firmware upgrades are? Does anyone know if the firmware can be upgraded via the SD?

To clarify, it's a cellular modem, and not wifi. I just bought an Airsense10 Autoset myself and am wondering the same thing about updates since I've left mine in airplane mode.

Anyone know if you can update firmware on Resmed's via the SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
[/quote]
... I just bought an Airsense10 Autoset myself and am wondering the same thing about updates since I've left mine in airplane mode.
Anyone know if you can update firmware on Resmed's via the SD card?
[/quote]

I find the Airplane mode irritating as every time i access the machine I get a warning message and a request to turn it off. So in a way I like that my machine can't talk to our local (cellular) network. (I also know I can unscrew the case and disconnect the modem). Updates are the concern.

I was also quite excited by the suggestion to use a wireless SD card to upload data to a networked computer. (Doesn't fix the upgrade issue however!)
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2015, 07:44 PM)Mike Evans Wrote: Does anyone know if the firmware can be upgraded via the SD?

If not mistaken, ResMed does the software upgrade via the cellular connection. Recently they did some upgrade to the humidifier software as was some fault to do with the heated tube, but in general they do not advertise such stuff

Basically our machines are in a state of limbo, we do not benefit of any future upgrade as our machines sourced from the other side of world

Post Reply Post Reply
It's hard to get information about firmware updates and even harder to perform them. The manufacturers are afraid, I think, because people could use firmware updates to do upgrades.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 463 1 hour ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,815 6 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,618 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,806 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 229 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,185 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.