Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
RE: All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
(05-18-2015, 05:26 PM)Sleepster Wrote: It's hard to get information about firmware updates and even harder to perform them. The manufacturers are afraid, I think, because people could use firmware updates to do upgrades.

Some have theorized that the hardware is basically the same in most CPAP machines (as far as a CPAP vs. an Auto-CPAP of a particular manufacturer) and that one can change a standard CPAP into an auto-CPAP with a simple firmware upgrade)-- and that's why the manufacturers don't want to add a firmware upgrade option. (it would cut into their auto-CPAP market share if people were able to pay for a standard CPAP and flash the firmware, making it into a fancy auto.

If true, I'm surprised we haven't yet had an enterprising hacker attempt this sort of thing (on his own, legally-obtained CPAP machine, of course).

Eat-popcorn

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps a firmware upgrade could turn a brick into a ASV! I think they have the same hardware.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Re firmware upgrades : Australian user here. If I take my US model Autosense10 for a holiday from Melbourne to the USA is there any way to trigger a firmware update while I am there?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thinking spare parts for an Airsense 10 machine. My reading to date suggests a spare hose ($50) and spare water tank ($32) would be a good idea. I already have a spare mask (P10 nasal Pillow for my main mask, Quattro fx as my spare and for sinus issue days). I have just seen a power supply for a good price ($80). Are power supplies usually reliable? Any other spare parts I should consider?
Post Reply Post Reply
You will not have any luck finding an easy way to do a firmware upgrade. That hose price is way to too high. You'll need a way to change the electrical plug geometry. Either a cheap adapter that doesn't transform the electricity, or a cord that connects the power brick (transformer) to the wall outlet. The same cord used on laptop computers to make the same connection.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2015, 07:44 PM)Mike Evans Wrote: Thanks all for the excellent information on the S10. You gave me the confidence to order my S10 from the US for delivery to Melbourne. Cost was $US920 for the S10AutoSense with Climateline, $US72 for freight (Fedex in 4 days!) and $AU57 for Australian Import Duty. Total about $AU1300. (Best Melbourne price I could find was $AU1995) (Gabby, I would love to know where you sourced a machine for $400!)

Nice info - thanks Mike, I need to purchase as well so very relevant.
Was that $1300 AUD including a Mask, filters, any extras???
Did you have Aussie Private Health and did it pay for anything?

I am looking at a Australian supplier, full combo kit with mask and accessories, including 5 year warranty - closer to $2350

My BUPA health with pay for $750 on CPAP every 2 years - so if BUPA wont pay for the 'american' machine - then its

$1300 AUD out of pocket for the US machine + mask etc?
$1600 AUD (after BUPA refund) for Australia machine (inc mask)

Obviously if BUPA doesn't care and pays for the US machine, nice saving but still concern is software upgrades, doctor clinics accepting data from my machine and having to return the machine to US for any issues..

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2015, 11:10 AM)Mike Evans Wrote: Re firmware upgrades : Australian user here. If I take my US model Autosense10 for a holiday from Melbourne to the USA is there any way to trigger a firmware update while I am there?

I don't know. I would phone the supplier where I bought the machine, to ask.

As far as I know, there is nothing special which U.S. users need to do to trigger an over-the-air software update, other than to use the machine in the U.S. in an area with the correct form of cellular service (I would guess that users need to be in an area which has network coverage by one particular cellular network service provider such as perhaps Verizon or perhaps AT&T) and to keep the machine powered up between uses - meaning when stopping therapy use a short press on the Start/Stop button, or use a SmartStart, don't hold the Start/Stop button down for 3 or 4 seconds to cause a power down. I think machine would download updates only when we are not presently using the machine for treatment, because when we are using the machine it will be busy uploading our sleep data to ResMed servers.

I would guess the machine may require several hours (or perhaps several days?) to slowly update, depending on the cellular data rate and how big the software files are, and depending on whether the machine can simply download the latest software or needs to incrementally update through each software release, and depending on whether it needs to be used for at least a few minutes between each update (if more than one update is needed).

I think the setup manual (Clinical Guide) should mention anything necessary in this regard.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
how do you set it back to default settings in the menu/
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2015, 03:49 AM)cajones Wrote: how do you set it back to default settings in the menu/
Restore Defaults

[Image: A10-set-time.jpg]

http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2015, 06:49 AM)DruiD Wrote: I am looking at a Australian supplier, full combo kit with mask and accessories, including 5 year warranty - closer to $2350

My BUPA health with pay for $750 on CPAP every 2 years - so if BUPA wont pay for the 'american' machine - then its

$1300 AUD out of pocket for the US machine + mask etc?
$1600 AUD (after BUPA refund) for Australia machine (inc mask)

Obviously if BUPA doesn't care and pays for the US machine, nice saving but still concern is software upgrades, doctor clinics accepting data from my machine and having to return the machine to US for any issues..
Bupa does not pay for imported machine
Buying the machine locally sound a good idea with $750 refund and the extended warranty

I'm with Bupa, have not claimed for anything, bought 2 machines from US
An offer cannot refuse, really not worried about any software upgrade
I don't think would be anything of importance, A10 is only few months old
Maybe be in four or five years time, they might come up with a new machine and probably they're working at it right now
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 495 5 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,849 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,634 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,839 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 230 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,203 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.