Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
RE: All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
Hi sleepycat, welcome to the forum
US$200 - amazing price, why look elsewhere Smile

Have a chat with them and asked them, so you know exactly the terms and conditions
I've used Supplier #2 and #10 with no problems, both ship outside US and reliable

Machines can last a long time, unless get some water damage or misused
Just like anything else, you can find a lemon - they'll exchange the machine, if faulty or if they make a mistake by sending you the wrong machine. Make sure you do your homework and order the right machine, names can be confusing ...

AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her is the same price but have an additional mode

Coffee

Edit: check if any tax is payable on importing machines
In Australia medical equipment are GST exempt but not in New Zealand
Post Reply Post Reply
My bad. US$2000 instead...
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk for the sharing.

Then I am ready to place my first order!!!

The industry in HK treats Apnea patient unethically. Selling price of usd2000 is close to the monthly median income of HK people. It takes a month of salary on average. For career starter, it could be 2months of salary. The selling price couldn't be doubles of what we could buy online...

I started a trial of two weeks using Phillips machine with a detailed report, this costs me usd220, they claim that it will be deducted from the price of I buy the machine from them... Yet I want a ResMed and start another hiring for a month which costs me usd150... And again that amount will return to me if I buy machine from them, priced at usd2000...

Even worse, they try to sell the top Phillips model to me but my DR said I don't need that...

So glad that I googled this forum and learned a lot of options I could have!!!!

Thanks a lot for all the enthusiasts here!!!!'
Post Reply Post Reply
ThanksThanks for this very informative post. I am presently in AU and was fitted for the ResMed AirSense 10 for her.and have it temporarily. I am returning to the USA next month for a while. Does anyone know if I will need a USA doctor prescription to purchase a new ResMed? Could I use the AU prescription? I could purchase it in AU but it appears that it is about double the cost even with the AU dollar taken into consideration!!! I wonder why? Thanks for any advice.

(09-04-2014, 03:40 AM)sharp56 Wrote: Thank you to Apneaboard for the excellent information on sleep apnea and the various materials and software available for download at this website.

Not long ago, I was diagnosed by my ENT doctor as having severe sleep apnea with an AHI of 60 and was loaned a APAP machine for about a week. From the trial therapy, I learned that my sleep apnea could benefit from using an APAP machine. So I set out to purchase an APAP machine.

After searching from the internet and from this board, I found the Airsense 10 is the newest in the market produced by ResMed, a reputable company in the field of sleep therapy.

I went ahead and buy the Airsense 10 from a US online supplier. As I have benefitted from Apneaboard, it is only proper that I share my experience and information with people who might benefit from my information on this relatively new device in the market.

The Airsense 10

When you switch on the Airsense 10, on the home screen you will see only 2 large simple icons of My Options and Sleep Report. Underneath the icons, lies a wealth of information. When you push the dial knob at the icons, you will see the following sub-menus:

HOME

MY OPTIONS

Ramp Time (Auto, 0-45 mins)
Climate Control (Auto, Manual)
Pressure Relief (On, Off)
Smart Start (On, Off)
Mask (Pillows, FullFace, Nasal)
Run Mask Fit (To test your face mask fit)
Run Warm Up (To test your humidifier warm up)
Airplane Mode (On, Off)
About (Device info, CX NUMBER, Humidifier info, Internal Modem info)

SLEEP REPORT

By default, the Sleep Report has only these 3 basic information on the device’s screen:

Usage hours
Mask seal (A smiley face or a frown face)
Humidifier (A smiley face or a frown face)

If you had activated Options/Essential in the Clinical setup (see below on how you can enter into the clinical setup), you will get more information on the device’s screen:

Usage Hours
Events per Hour

More Info:
Period (From 1 day to 6 months)
Days Used
Days 4Hours+
Average Usage (Hours)
Used Hours
Pressure (cmH2O)
Leak (L/min)
AHI (Apnea/Hyponea Index)
Total AI (Apnea Index)
Central AI (Apnea Index)

To enter into the Clinical Setup, you need to be on the Home page and press the turn knob and the Home Button simultaneously for 5 seconds. Then it will show you the Clinical Menu. Press settings and you will be able to enter into the following sub-menus to adjust the settings:

THERAPY
Mode (CPAP or Auto set)
Max Pressure (4-20)
Min Pressure (4-20)
Mask (Pillow, FullFace or Nasal)

COMFORT
Ramp Time (Auto – 45 mins)
Start Pressure (From 4.0)
EPR (On or Off)
EPR Type (Ramp Only or Full Time)
EPR Level ( 1 – 3)
Climate Control (Auto or Manual)

ACCESSORIES
AB Filter (No or Yes)

OPTIONS
Essential (Plus or on)
Smart Start (On or Off)
Reminders (Mask, Water Tub, Tube and Filter)

CONFIGURATION
Language (English, French, Spanish or Portuguese)
Date (Day/Month/Year)
Time (Hours/Mins)
Pressure Unit (cmH2O or hPa)
Temperature Unit (Farenheight or Centigrade)
Restore Default (No or Yes)
Erase Data (No or Yes)
About (Device no and run hours, CX No, Humidifier No and Internal Modem Details such as Serial No, Provider, Type, Service and signal)

Sleep Report Software

The ResScan 5.1 software works well with the Airsense 10 data. If you had installed the ResScan 5.1 software correctly (with the 3 drivers unchecked) onto your PC, the software will automatically recognize the SD Card as soon as you plug in the SD Card reader and ask you whether you would like to download the data in the SD Card.

After you have downloaded the data from your Airsense SD Card, the software will compile a detailed medical record viz:

1. Device settings of your Airsense 10 such as your minimum pressure, maximum pressure, EPR settings, the Ramp time and whether the essentials (detailed information) are set on.
2. Statistics of your sleep report from 1 day to 6 months showing your total usage of your device, your respiratory Indices (Apnea/Hypopnea index differentiating between Obstructive and central apnea), Leakage (L/min) and your Pressure (Median, 95th percentile and Maximum in cmH2O)
3. A Summary Graph of your Usage, AHI and AI, Total Usage & Cheyne-Stokes Hours, Leakage (L/min) and Pressure (cmH2O).
4. A detailed graph of (3) above.
5. Oximetry Statistics if you have installed an optional oximetry device to your Airsense.

I understand at this moment the SleepyHead software has not yet been updated to Airsense 10. Maybe in the near future, the maker of the software will update it to include Airsense 10 which will enable the layman to understand the complicated sleep analysis better.

Costs

The price quoted by ResMed in my country is exorbitant – almost like 130% more than what I would have purchased from the US with air-courier charges included. It took 5 days for the device to be air-couriered from USA to my country in Malaysia.

I made a search on the internet from several online suppliers. Do note that the majority of the US suppliers have restrictions like requiring a medical prescription and restriction on selling to countries outside the USA. So if you are staying outside US, do ask from them whether the restrictions apply to you. They all have excellent Online Chat where they answer to your enquiries in real-time.

The prices of the Airsense 10 (and the masks) from all these online suppliers are about the same (Around US$923 with heated climate-line tube without the CPAP mask). Price wise on the device itself, you will be alright if you choose any good and reputable online suppliers who would likely be around in the long term. However, there can be some significant savings on the courier charges between these suppliers if you are staying outside USA. So, do take note and enquire on the air courier charges.

In the end, I chose 1800CPAP because not only are their air-courier charges the cheapest (About US$64 using FedEx from Ohio, USA to my house in Malaysia), they are the most convenient among the lot for me. They do not require doctor’s prescription for oversea customers and they don’t have restriction in selling to countries outside USA.

Information and Software Download

There are much information and wealth of materials including software available on this website. Like me, if you are inflicted with this sleep disorder, do read this forum and equip yourself with the necessary information to overcome it.

You can download the ResScan 5.1 software from this forum (thank you, Apneaboard, I certainly benefited from it). However, you may need to register yourself as member first

[At first I posted the links to the various thread in this forum for easy reference/retrieval but could not because I have less than 8 posts...sorry guys]

Conclusion

I hope you will find the above information useful to you. I am quite new in this forum and in using this device. If you have any technical questions, I am sure the rest of the more knowledgeable and experienced forumers could help you out.

For starters, suggestions on the most beneficial way to set up the settings in the Clinical Setup Menu above would be a tremendous help to all newbies.

Happy exploring your Airsense 10!

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2015, 10:25 PM)derickson Wrote: I am returning to the USA next month for a while. Does anyone know if I will need a USA doctor prescription to purchase a new ResMed? Could I use the AU prescription? I could purchase it in AU but it appears that it is about double the cost even with the AU dollar taken into consideration!!! I wonder why? Thanks for any advice.
Suppliers List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
The best way, have a chat with them and ask them, if you happen to go near Minnesota, Supplier #2 have an office over there

I recall read somewhere, if the machine delivered to US address, then prescription by US doctor is required. If the supplier ship outside US (many don't) to overseas address, then prescription from your local doctor will suffice, if its required

If you have private health insurance and covered for the extras, there is no benefit or saving buying from US

Example ... AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her AU $2000 (less if you shop around)
Insurance rebate AU $750 (approx)
Out of pockets AU $1250 = US $ 920 (approx)

Post Reply Post Reply
For Vsheline in post no:97
you say the update time is probably many hours , well,
I can tell you it takes a few minutes , this spring , I was in bed
and saw from the corner of my eye that the screen on the
Air Sense 10 had turned on , ???
looked for my glasses , and the message said something like
'' do not unplug device , software update in progress''
, after less then 10 minutes it was all over and complete
..I did not notice any difference that night ,was hoping for
better dreams ....Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2015, 12:17 AM)Kazimodo Wrote: For Vsheline in post no:97
you say the update time is probably many hours , well,
I can tell you it takes a few minutes , this spring , I was in bed
and saw from the corner of my eye that the screen on the
Air Sense 10 had turned on , ???
looked for my glasses , and the message said something like
'' do not unplug device , software update in progress''
, after less then 10 minutes it was all over and complete
..I did not notice any difference that night ,was hoping for
better dreams ....Cool

Thanks for this information Kazimodo.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2014, 03:40 AM)sharp56 Wrote: Thank you to Apneaboard for the excellent information on sleep apnea and the various materials and software available for download at this website.

Not long ago, I was diagnosed by my ENT doctor as having severe sleep apnea with an AHI of 60 and was loaned a APAP machine for about a week. From the trial therapy, I learned that my sleep apnea could benefit from using an APAP machine. So I set out to purchase an APAP machine.

After searching from the internet and from this board, I found the Airsense 10 is the newest in the market produced by ResMed, a reputable company in the field of sleep therapy.

I went ahead and buy the Airsense 10 from a US online supplier. As I have benefitted from Apneaboard, it is only proper that I share my experience and information with people who might benefit from my information on this relatively new device in the market.

The Airsense 10

When you switch on the Airsense 10, on the home screen you will see only 2 large simple icons of My Options and Sleep Report. Underneath the icons, lies a wealth of information. When you push the dial knob at the icons, you will see the following sub-menus:

HOME

MY OPTIONS

Ramp Time (Auto, 0-45 mins)
Climate Control (Auto, Manual)
Pressure Relief (On, Off)
Smart Start (On, Off)
Mask (Pillows, FullFace, Nasal)
Run Mask Fit (To test your face mask fit)
Run Warm Up (To test your humidifier warm up)
Airplane Mode (On, Off)
About (Device info, CX NUMBER, Humidifier info, Internal Modem info)

SLEEP REPORT

By default, the Sleep Report has only these 3 basic information on the device’s screen:

Usage hours

If you had activated Options/Essential in the Clinical setup (see below on how you can enter into the clinical setup), you will get more information on the device’s screen:

Usage Hours
Events per Hour

More Info:
Period (From 1 day to 6 months)
Days Used
Days 4Hours+
Average Usage (Hours)
Used Hours
Pressure (cmH2O)
Leak (L/min)
AHI (Apnea/Hyponea Index)
Total AI (Apnea Index)
Central AI (Apnea Index)

To enter into the Clinical Setup, you need to be on the Home page and press the turn knob and the Home Button simultaneously for 5 seconds. Then it will show you the Clinical Menu. Press settings and you will be able to enter into the following sub-menus to adjust the settings:

THERAPY
Mode (CPAP or Auto set)
Max Pressure (4-20)
Min Pressure (4-20)
Mask (Pillow, FullFace or Nasal)

COMFORT
Ramp Time (Auto – 45 mins)
Start Pressure (From 4.0)
EPR (On or Off)
EPR Type (Ramp Only or Full Time)
EPR Level ( 1 – 3)
Climate Control (Auto or Manual)

ACCESSORIES
AB Filter (No or Yes)

OPTIONS
Essential (Plus or on)
Smart Start (On or Off)
Reminders (Mask, Water Tub, Tube and Filter)

CONFIGURATION
Language (English, French, Spanish or Portuguese)
Date (Day/Month/Year)
Time (Hours/Mins)
Pressure Unit (cmH2O or hPa)
Temperature Unit (Farenheight or Centigrade)
Restore Default (No or Yes)
Erase Data (No or Yes)
About (Device no and run hours, CX No, Humidifier No and Internal Modem Details such as Serial No, Provider, Type, Service and signal)

Sleep Report Software

The ResScan 5.1 software works well with the Airsense 10 data. If you had installed the ResScan 5.1 software correctly (with the 3 drivers unchecked) onto your PC, the software will automatically recognize the SD Card as soon as you plug in the SD Card reader and ask you whether you would like to download the data in the SD Card.

After you have downloaded the data from your Airsense SD Card, the software will compile a detailed medical record viz:

1. Device settings of your Airsense 10 such as your minimum pressure, maximum pressure, EPR settings, the Ramp time and whether the essentials (detailed information) are set on.
2. Statistics of your sleep report from 1 day to 6 months showing your total usage of your device, your respiratory Indices (Apnea/Hypopnea index differentiating between Obstructive and central apnea), Leakage (L/min) and your Pressure (Median, 95th percentile and Maximum in cmH2O)
3. A Summary Graph of your Usage, AHI and AI, Total Usage & Cheyne-Stokes Hours, Leakage (L/min) and Pressure (cmH2O).
4. A detailed graph of (3) above.
5. Oximetry Statistics if you have installed an optional oximetry device to your Airsense.

I understand at this moment the SleepyHead software has not yet been updated to Airsense 10. Maybe in the near future, the maker of the software will update it to include Airsense 10 which will enable the layman to understand the complicated sleep analysis better.

Costs

The price quoted by ResMed in my country is exorbitant – almost like 130% more than what I would have purchased from the US with air-courier charges included. It took 5 days for the device to be air-couriered from USA to my country in Malaysia.

I made a search on the internet from several online suppliers. Do note that the majority of the US suppliers have restrictions like requiring a medical prescription and restriction on selling to countries outside the USA. So if you are staying outside US, do ask from them whether the restrictions apply to you. They all have excellent Online Chat where they answer to your enquiries in real-time.

The prices of the Airsense 10 (and the masks) from all these online suppliers are about the same (Around US$923 with heated climate-line tube without the CPAP mask). Price wise on the device itself, you will be alright if you choose any good and reputable online suppliers who would likely be around in the long term. However, there can be some significant savings on the courier charges between these suppliers if you are staying outside USA. So, do take note and enquire on the air courier charges.

In the end, I chose 1800CPAP because not only are their air-courier charges the cheapest (About US$64 using FedEx from Ohio, USA to my house in Malaysia), they are the most convenient among the lot for me. They do not require doctor’s prescription for oversea customers and they don’t have restriction in selling to countries outside USA.

Information and Software Download

There are much information and wealth of materials including software available on this website. Like me, if you are inflicted with this sleep disorder, do read this forum and equip yourself with the necessary information to overcome it.

You can download the ResScan 5.1 software from this forum (thank you, Apneaboard, I certainly benefited from it). However, you may need to register yourself as member first

[At first I posted the links to the various thread in this forum for easy reference/retrieval but could not because I have less than 8 posts...sorry guys]

Conclusion

I hope you will find the above information useful to you. I am quite new in this forum and in using this device. If you have any technical questions, I am sure the rest of the more knowledgeable and experienced forumers could help you out.

For starters, suggestions on the most beneficial way to set up the settings in the Clinical Setup Menu above would be a tremendous help to all newbies.

Happy exploring your Airsense 10!

My clinical menu in comfort area also has standard on soft mode
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Hi there, I just wanted to give a big shout out and thank-you to both Sharp56 and Zonk for their assistance on this topic. I am a newbie here.

Yesterday, I picked up my new AirSense 10 Autoset, following a one month trial on a different mfg's device. It was a challenge at first to locate and then add the AHI option to my screen. But once I found this forum and your detailed instructions, getting to and changing the "Settings" feature was a piece of cake. Pretty happy so far.....A critical piece of info like AHI should be a no brainer. But that's just my opinion. Thanks

Finally getting some restful zzz's. Kind regards from Canada.......
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2015, 10:14 AM)leesjoy Wrote: Finally getting some restful zzz's. Kind regards from Canada.......
Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 391 21 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,724 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,601 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,768 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,176 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.