Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
RE: All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
What I meant was the mask pillow and not the entire mask. The pillows can be detached from the mask for cleaning daily. Over time (8-12 months) this nasal pillow made of soft silicon can harden through regular washing and render it less efficient. You may consider to purchase a spare nasal pillow which is not too expensive.

Yes, the entire mask especially the straps, does need replacement over time (if you are a careful user, maybe 1.5 - 2 years). The strap of my Phillips Nuance Gel nasal pillow mask started to peel off in less than 6 months and because of that I changed to Resmed Airfit P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2016, 04:05 AM)tanwt Wrote: at secondwindcpap website, i noticed they sell used unit as below. quite tempting. what's your opinion? about $ 200 savings

Gently Used ResMed S10 AirSense AutoSet with EPR and Integrated Heated Humidifier - ClimatelineAir Tubing Included - $599
My opinion is to get new machine, since its a primary machine, used machine might be okay for backup machine
Also they list "New, Zero Hour (Open Box) ResMed S9 AutoSet and Accessories $699"
S9 AutoSet is as good as AirSense 10 AutoSet, almost the same machine from the inside
Used Airsense 10 AutoSet might be slightly different than the newer models of the same machine
as some features been added such as RERAs reporting

As for supplies, get what you need for now, you can always order extra supplies down the track
You'll be using CPAP and needing supplies for very long time
Supplier #10 sell masks parts separately, if not mistaken, #2 sell only complete masks
Post Reply Post Reply
you mean there are different version of Airsense 10 autoset?

the thing with getting accessories for malaysia is the shipping charges are high. doesn't make sense to get 1 or 2 small items later

btw, how long can these kind of machine last before it breaks down and need a new replacement?

(01-17-2016, 03:53 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-17-2016, 04:05 AM)tanwt Wrote: at secondwindcpap website, i noticed they sell used unit as below. quite tempting. what's your opinion? about $ 200 savings

Gently Used ResMed S10 AirSense AutoSet with EPR and Integrated Heated Humidifier - ClimatelineAir Tubing Included - $599
My opinion is to get new machine, since its a primary machine, used machine might be okay for backup machine
Also they list "New, Zero Hour (Open Box) ResMed S9 AutoSet and Accessories $699"
S9 AutoSet is as good as AirSense 10 AutoSet, almost the same machine from the inside
Used Airsense 10 AutoSet might be slightly different than the newer models of the same machine
as some features been added such as RERAs reporting

As for supplies, get what you need for now, you can always order extra supplies down the track
You'll be using CPAP and needing supplies for very long time
Supplier #10 sell masks parts separately, if not mistaken, #2 sell only complete masks

Post Reply Post Reply
btw, is all nasal mask in the market compatible with all CPAP machine?

example below item seems much cheaper (although i don't know the quality)

example at aliexpress, 2016 Fealite Nasal Pillows CPAP Mask 30%OFF With Headgear White Size SML Anti Snoring cost less than $50

what do you all think?
Post Reply Post Reply
has anyone tried full face mask? is it really uncomfortable to sleep with it?
Post Reply Post Reply
Tanwt,

1. yes, there are different versions of Airsense 10 - "for him" and "for her". It is advisable to get the "for her" version because it has an extra feature of RERAs reporting (read up the posts in other threads on the difference of the two versions and what is RERA).

2. A good CPAP machine should last on the average for 5 years. Warranty is from 2-5 years depending on the manufacturer eg warranties of CPAPs from Phillip and Resmed are 2 years while DeVilbiss is 5 Years.

3. The price of the face masks you quoted from Aliexpress (less than US$50) are cheap bearing in mind that is about half the price of a Resmed or Philips mask and shipping is free. However, I don't know about the quality as I have never bought them before. The tubing size should fit onto all the popular brands of CPAP as their sizes should be standard and interchangeable. You could drop them a line just to make sure.

4. For me, the full face mask is very uncomfortable. However, some people who sleep with their mouths open should find this kind of mask beneficial. It depends on individuals.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2016, 05:09 AM)sharp56 Wrote: Tanwt,

1. yes, there are different versions of Airsense 10 - "for him" and "for her". It is advisable to get the "for her" version because it has an extra feature of RERAs reporting (read up the posts in other threads on the difference of the two versions and what is RERA).
Yes, but I'm talking about the regular A10 AutoSet. The later version has the feature of RERAs reporting added, earlier version like mine, don't report RERAs. There're some minor tweaks with the later versions. Machines purchased from overseas don't get any future software upgrade from ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2016, 07:04 AM)zonk Wrote:
(01-18-2016, 05:09 AM)sharp56 Wrote: Tanwt,

Yes, but I'm talking about the regular A10 AutoSet. The later version has the feature of RERAs reporting added, earlier version like mine, don't report RERAs. There're some minor tweaks with the later versions. Machines purchased from overseas don't get any future software upgrade from ResMed.

is it possible to upgrade the software yourself? like driver update

i have googled RERA. It seems sharp56 is right from resmed website. it is a feature "for her"
Post Reply Post Reply
Both Autoset machines (for her / regular not for her) made today record RERA. Actually we think they added the RERA detecting to the regular Autoset around May/June 2015. I had my Autoset replaced in July 2015 and it records RERA.

Here's a quote from zonk on the for her:
Quote:AutoSet for Her mode is based on key aspects of ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm and delivers therapeutic responses tailored to the characteristics of female OSA patients.
The AutoSet for Her is similar to ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm with the following modifications:
1- Reduced rate of pressure increments designed to help prevent arousals.
2- Slower pressure decays.
3- Treats apneas up to 12 cm H2O and continues to respond to flow limitation and snore up to 20 cm H2O.
4- Minimum pressure (Min. Pressure) that adjusts according to the frequency of apneas:
If two apneas occur within a minute, the pressure reached in response to the second apnea will become the new minimum treatment pressure until the next treatment session

The ResMed is designed to be updated from the cellular interface. I doubt you can put the update on the SD card. ResMed hasn't made that information available to the public. Would be nice but no won't happen.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
noted thanks

is the RERA considered as a software using celular to update as well?

if yes, even if i buy used machine (from USA), i assume it can be updated before being shipped out?

(01-18-2016, 08:27 PM)AlanE Wrote: Both Autoset machines (for her / regular not for her) made today record RERA. Actually we think they added the RERA detecting to the regular Autoset around May/June 2015. I had my Autoset replaced in July 2015 and it records RERA.

Here's a quote from zonk on the for her:
Quote:AutoSet for Her mode is based on key aspects of ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm and delivers therapeutic responses tailored to the characteristics of female OSA patients.
The AutoSet for Her is similar to ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm with the following modifications:
1- Reduced rate of pressure increments designed to help prevent arousals.
2- Slower pressure decays.
3- Treats apneas up to 12 cm H2O and continues to respond to flow limitation and snore up to 20 cm H2O.
4- Minimum pressure (Min. Pressure) that adjusts according to the frequency of apneas:
If two apneas occur within a minute, the pressure reached in response to the second apnea will become the new minimum treatment pressure until the next treatment session

The ResMed is designed to be updated from the cellular interface. I doubt you can put the update on the SD card. ResMed hasn't made that information available to the public. Would be nice but no won't happen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 24 450 39 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,808 5 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,616 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,806 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,184 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.