Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
RE: All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
i quit using smart stop and just hit the button. its easy and now its habit
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I use it every night with my Resmed P10 pillows mask.

Dunno what yoy Americans are whining about
Post Reply Post Reply
What is AB-filter?
Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
Good job Sharp for breaking down the Resmed Airsense 10.

I am approximately 11 days in of newly diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea. After night one of treatment, I felt different when I woke up. I noticed my headache was gone. Further, I no longer woke up like a stupefied zombie feeling exhausted.

After finishing night 7 of therapy, I noted I felt fabulous. I feel like I have a tremendous amount of energy. I am no longer gritchy. I feel like I have a new lease on life. I could probably still take a nap around 2 pm if I were at home and not at work. My inner attitude and outlook on life have completely changed. For the first time in a very long time I feel amazing.

My sleep study showed moderate obs sleep apnea with short sleep onset latency, 119 hypopneas, 113 arousals 26 of which were spontaneous, spontaneous arousal index 3.6 per hour. Overall breaks down to 16.7 events per hours. 2 obstructive events total. Sleep onset 2.8 minutes after lights out and shortened slow wave sleep @4%.

I really appreciate you clear and concise breakdown of this awesome life changing machine. I use the air pillows with much success.

I sincerely hope you experience the same life changing success that I have enjoyed.

Jenn
pressure 5-16 cm
epap setting 3
air pillows for her

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2016, 05:35 PM)JenJen Wrote: pressure 5-16 cm

That's a very wide range. You might want to look into narrowing it. If you really need a pressure of 16 and you're starting out at 5 you're going to have to struggle through at least some flow limitation before reaching the pressure you need to stop the flow limitations, hypopneas, and obstructive apneas.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting that you say that. I am only 13 days in with cap use. The originally prescribed was 5 to 15. I have noticed some nights raising up to 14.3. I have been looking at sleepy head data as well as rescan. Last night I did raise the bottom number up to six. Spent most of the night between 11 and 12. Ahi are usually less than 2. Total time in apnea according to sleepy head is somewhere between 2 to 3 minutes. I am very interested in tweaking my settings. Any and all input is greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2016, 02:29 AM)DariaVader Wrote: i quit using smart stop and just hit the button. its easy and now its habit

Hmmm.. my question is why.. is it a personal preference... ?

When I first received the first machine it was set on smartstart then I had to trade my cpap to a aircurve and it came not with smartstart.

I gave it some thought and wondered about how many times the micro-switch under the the on-off button was intended to support... I'm always suspicious of micro-switches.

With that in mind, I had to get into clinical mode, swizzle a couple of things and set it up for smartstart. So now a breath or two and it's on, I take it off and it goes to sleep in few seconds..

TIA
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2016, 04:05 AM)tanwt Wrote: at secondwindcpap website, i noticed they sell used unit as below. quite tempting. what's your opinion? about $ 200 savings

Gently Used ResMed S10 AirSense AutoSet with EPR and Integrated Heated Humidifier - ClimatelineAir Tubing Included - $599

Thought I'd chime in on this. I just started using a CPAP last week and bought the AirSense 10 Autoset. I'm on the border line for even needing one but I snore super loud and all night so I figured that isn't good for me (or my wife) .

Anyway, I purchased a gently used unit from them. Even paid the MN sales tax on it (since they are in MN) as it was still cheaper enough I figured I'd go for it. The unit I received had 341 hours on it, looks brand new and even had the plastic film still on the screen and has a 1 year warranty on it. They had some 'new' open box ones with 2 year warranty for $780 I think.

Just emailed them my prescription a couple days before I ordered and had no issues with the order. I even got next day delivery for 'free'! Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
good find!
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just started with one (this model) and I have an alarm that has gone off sometimes at night waking my wife. Can't seem to find anything on it as to just what it is and how to silence it. Any ideas on that?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 475 7 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,933 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,337 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 182 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,017 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 183 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  F&P SleepStyle or ResMed AirSense 10 Tampa Jim 5 360 03-04-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.