Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
RE: All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
Call the dme. I have not had an alarming event. I hope u haven't gotten a lemon.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2016, 07:31 AM)Yak12 Wrote: Just started with one (this model) and I have an alarm that has gone off sometimes at night waking my wife. Can't seem to find anything on it as to just what it is and how to silence it. Any ideas on that?

Check out this thread. Although, I just checked and on mine I do not see Leak Alarm as an option even with Autostart turned off. Dont-know

Let me try that link again, I was too new to be able to post it before with only 3 posts..

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-exclusive
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2016, 09:02 AM)gargoyle999 Wrote: Check out this thread. Although, I just checked and on mine I do not see Leak Alarm as an option even with Autostart turned off. Dont-know

According to the link you posted, you have to go into the clinician's menu and make that adjustment. Manufacturer's set up the clinician's menu so that the DME can make choices for us and choose which items we have the ability to change. Like we're too stupid to figure out that we can go into the clinician's manu ourselves and make any changes we want. Of course, you shouldn't do that unless you know just what you're doing.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2016, 11:06 PM)icyura10 Wrote:
(02-12-2016, 02:29 AM)DariaVader Wrote: i quit using smart stop and just hit the button. its easy and now its habit

Hmmm.. my question is why.. is it a personal preference... ?

Don't know about Daria but I think I'm smarter than the "smart" switch.

Also there will be a lot more parts to go wrong in that system than in the simple pressure sensitive switch for manual turn on.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2016, 05:09 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(08-15-2016, 09:02 AM)gargoyle999 Wrote: Check out this thread. Although, I just checked and on mine I do not see Leak Alarm as an option even with Autostart turned off. Dont-know

According to the link you posted, you have to go into the clinician's menu and make that adjustment. Manufacturer's set up the clinician's menu so that the DME can make choices for us and choose which items we have the ability to change. Like we're too stupid to figure out that we can go into the clinician's manu ourselves and make any changes we want. Of course, you shouldn't do that unless you know just what you're doing.

I do go in the clinician menu Big Grin but I do not have leak alarm among the choices even when I turn off autostart.

As a side note, I have a fancy 'smart' Honeywell thermostat that has a bunch of menu options that only the installer is supposed to use. Of course I just goggled about that, found what the code was to get in and have it setup just how I want as well.

Nobody trusts us! Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
here's what my AirCurve shows

Start at the main screen by pushing the home button
[Image: ZHxY30a.jpg]

Then get into the clinicians setup by holding down the center button of the rotating knob and simultaneously pushing the home; a display similar to the one below should be presented; Press the rotate knob button and you'll enter into the clinical setup menu. Make sure the "SETTINGS" menu is highlighted when you press the center button!
[Image: T5cTQvS.jpg]

Scroll down until you find the Options and then below it find the Leak / SmartStart options similar to the image below: (note; you can only have one or the other enabled)
[Image: YnZc8Y3.jpg]

Chose your preference; then scroll up until you see the "exit Clinical Setup (see the middle picture) then press the center button of the rotating knob.

Turn the center rotating knob until you find "< Home" and press the center button of the rotating knob.

You should be presented with the second image above; rotate the knob until the "<Exit Clinical Menu" is highlighted and press the center button of the rotating knob and you should be set!

Powering your machine off or on and unplugging it should retain your settings!

Happy Button Pushing and Knob Twisting!
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2016, 11:35 AM)icyura10 Wrote: Scroll down until you find the Options and then below it find the Leak / SmartStart options similar to the image below: (note; you can only have one or the other enabled)

I have no Leak Alert option. Maybe mine doesn't have the latest software? I recently bought it used from Secondwindcpap. What is your software rev?

[Image: 28515835724_9df4c39b74_b.jpg]screen by gargoyle999, on Flickr
Post Reply Post Reply
SW = SX567-0306

you might try toggling off the essentials plus and see what happens..

Like I said, I've got an AirCurve...
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2016, 02:57 PM)icyura10 Wrote: SW = SX567-0306

Mine is SW = SX567-0302. I'd be curious what others with an Airsense have for SW rev.

Post Reply Post Reply
My Airsense 10 Autoset is also SX567-0302 and does not show a Leak Alert.

icyura10 has an AirCurve machine, rather than an AirSense. I'm not sure if that accounts for the SW difference.

Oh - you do not want to toggle off Essentials Plus to Essentials Yes. Essentials Yes gives only the bare/useless minimum of data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 481 10 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,941 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,339 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 182 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,023 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 183 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  F&P SleepStyle or ResMed AirSense 10 Tampa Jim 5 360 03-04-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.