Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
RE: All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
(09-05-2014, 12:49 AM)zonk Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 11:56 PM)Gabby Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 09:08 PM)Skypilot Wrote: (I just looked up the price in Oz AU$2,295.00 and that is a sale price!)
I wonder how many Australians actually buy their machines here and pay that price?
I was lucky to buy one for under $400.00 in the U.S.
It pays to shop around!
Not many people brave enough buy their machines on-line.
Main reasons to buy machine locally: local support, claiming insurance rebate and the warranty in Australia
At $400 its a steal. Thanks to you, mine should be here sometimes next week. I,m putting some money on the side for a couple of masks

$50.00 for masks compared to nearly $300.00, certainly nothing to be sniffed at.
Good luck with your new machine.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2014, 09:59 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote: Gabby, knowing the unbelievably low price you are getting, I am really curious to know HOW much you pay for shipping into Australia for it.
Can I assume that this is the same person you have ordered from before and know they are honest to deal with?

Hi Shelagh, about $60.00 for shipping for a machine and I have been dealing with this person since late last year and have never had a problem. Bought my S9 Autoset from her, masks and other accessories.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, sharp, thanks for the information.

Let me suggest you specify "AirSense 10 AutoSet" as the machine you have rather than just AirSense 10. There are 4 AirSense 10 models and each has different features.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2014, 10:04 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote: [snip] It sounds nice but I just purchased a new S9 Auto that works perfectly so for my needs i don't need the new one and am glad to hear I don't for as someone that sells electronics online and an apple user, I am pretty fed up with companies coming out with new models with little change made to them, OR changes made that don't please the customer much at all...........as soon as you buy the latest, you are already considered behind, so the game to stay new is usually a waste of time.

Short answer, it sounds great IF you are in the market for a new machine but if you aren't, and have the S9 AutoSet already, don't buy into the consumerism angle..........be happy with what you have.........the S9 is perfect as is

As always do what is best for yourself.

It is a fact of life that any newer model of device/car/machine is obsolete when you buy it - buying new stuff IMHO is not a waste of time.

I would like to think the new s10 will have updated electronic components and better algorithms learned from the S9, afterall there is now no point to putting any more effort into updating the old S9 as they have a new model - I doubt they will be spruiking the all the technical details for people that are not interested. And really what extra features to that of the old is needed?

I am in the market as I would like a back-up machine - I am not going to buy an older model.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2014, 05:53 AM)archangle Wrote: Welcome, sharp, thanks for the information.

Let me suggest you specify "AirSense 10 AutoSet" as the machine you have rather than just AirSense 10. There are 4 AirSense 10 models and each has different features.

Thanks, Archangle.......yes, it is an Airsense 10 Autoset. I realize it after I have posted it but couldn't find a way to amend my post to make it clearer. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2014, 03:32 AM)sharp56 Wrote:
(09-05-2014, 05:53 AM)archangle Wrote: Welcome, sharp, thanks for the information.

Thanks, Archangle.......yes, it is an Airsense 10 Autoset. I realize it after I have posted it but couldn't find a way to amend my post to make it clearer. Smile

Thanks again. You might want to update the equipment list in your profile, too.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2014, 12:49 AM)zonk Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 11:56 PM)Gabby Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 09:08 PM)Skypilot Wrote: (I just looked up the price in Oz AU$2,295.00 and that is a sale price!)
I wonder how many Australians actually buy their machines here and pay that price?
I was lucky to buy one for under $400.00 in the U.S.
It pays to shop around!
Not many people brave enough buy their machines on-line.
Main reasons to buy machine locally: local support, claiming insurance rebate and the warranty in Australia
At $400 its a steal. Thanks to you, mine should be here sometimes next week. I,m putting some money on the side for a couple of masks

Oh My... $400.00... Please private message me where you got this price. My S9 Autoset just died and I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do. Been off work all summer, so a decent paycheck won't arrive for the next couple of weeks. But the $400.00, I can put that together... Please private message me. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to say a big thank you for posting this info. Used my machine for the first time last night and was disappointed when I went to see the data this morning. A smiley face doesn't tell me much. But now I've been able to set the machine to show useful data.

My old machine was a Respironics M that started dying the night before I left for a 3 week trip to Asia. And died altogether while I was there. So I ordered this machine and it was here waiting for me when I got home.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum glenaa11.
Great to hear positive your news. May it continue for you, as I am sure it will.
Please find the links to download the SleepyHead software and then you will really be able to see what is going on and monitor your nightly sleep patterns.
All the best to you.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning.

Since I've been using my ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for over a Month, I just thought I'd report back and let everyone know that this is by far the best machine I've ever used. Not only did I get my settings dialed in correctly using the ResMed Software found on this forum, but my AHI is consistently less the 5 every night. With my previous S9, I would usually hover around 10-15. If your on CPAP Therapy (and I'm assuming you are if your reading this), this is the machine for you. It's awesome. And as as of a few days ago, ResMed finally got MyAir.Resmed.Com up and running and after registering there, my Data is automatically uploaded to them each day. In addition to get a brief overview of my sleep, they also have several helpful videos on solving Mask Leak, Mask Fitting, and adjusting to CPAP Therapy. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 498 8 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,865 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,638 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,844 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 232 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,205 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.