Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
RE: All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
(11-01-2014, 10:59 AM)MGuyM Wrote: Good Morning.

Anyone know if the ResMed AirSense 10 will automatically recognize Daylight Savings? I assumed it wouldn't, so I went in and attempted to set my Clock back 1 hour since we Fall back tonight and I got an error telling me I can't go back in time. Will wait patiently for tomorrow to see if the time changes.

Thanks!
Top of the morning to you and welcome aboard
From A10 clinical manual (the manual is available via email from the link at the top of the page)

Date: Set the current date.
If you set a new date that occurs in the past then an error message is displayed. Before this change can be made, erase the compliance data available under the Configuration menu.

Time: Set the current time.
If you set a new time that occurs in the past then an error message is displayed. Before this change can be made, erase the compliance data available under the Configuration menu.

Device messages - Device message/possible cause:
Date and time can not be set in the past

Solutions:
Select Erase Data in Settings. Once the data is erased, set the correct local date and time.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is showing Signal Bars. I went into the Settings and had to adjust it forward 3 minutes to make it closer to real time. We'll see what is shows tomorrow Smile Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2014, 01:28 PM)labtec6 Wrote: If it shows signal bars, it should sync its time from the phone network. If you are outside of North America, it may not change until later this month, when North America changes its time.

Just realized it's tomorrow. I'm not smart. Lol
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for all the information in this thread, it makes me feel far more comfortable with Airsense 10 Autoset.
I too purchased my machine from the USA and the service I received was great and I am more than comfortable buying from overseas now.
Just for the record the price of all items here was close to double the cost in the USA, so even with shipping it was considerably less than I would have been charged here.

After a sleep test my ent doc said I should try CPAP and gave me two business cards of suppliers and sent me on my way. There are no clinicians here so I'm going to be on a steep learning curve to try to get the best out of my own treatment.

After my first night on therapy I got 6hrs of use and I am astounded at how much better I felt when I woke up, if this continues it will truly be a life changing event.

If any of the more experienced users out there can point me in the direction of sites where I can educate myself on APNEA and therapy I would be grateful, for instance what is AHI and why is it important?

Thank you all once again for this forum, it's really setting my mind at rest, knowing help is not far away.

D

Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Eurika, welcome to the forum.

A good place to start learning about apnea is right here at ApneaBoard.

Check out the wiki: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...=Wiki_Home
and the acronyms: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms
In addition, have a look at the SleepyHead thread and user's guide at the top of the main forum page: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Discussion

If you have any questions, there are lots of people on this forum who can help out.

Post Reply Post Reply
So this morning after the Time Change, I again went to adjust my Time so my AirSense 10 will have the correct time and not be off an Hour. The System once again told me I couldn't turn the clock back. I then waited a couple of hours and tried it again, and this time it let me adjust the clock. I guess you can't adjust it within an hour of data being recorded. I had just gotten up and therefore it was probably within an hour of recording data. I'm happy to report that the Clock is now set correctly for tonight's sleep Smile Have a GREAT Sunday!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this question. Please tell me if it should go elsewhere.

Can you explain to me what the sentence below in red means?

For Her Algorithm
One of the most innovative features of the AirSense™ 10 AutoSet for Her is the algorithm developed for women and the manner in which OSA affects them. A standard algorithm responds after 3 flow limited breaths and will move up by as much as 3 cmwp. The For Her algorithm responds after just 1 flow limited breath and will move up by as much as 2.5 cmwp. If needed the algorithm setting can be changed to the standard AutoSetAutoSet™ algorithm version.

Also available from ResMed is the AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier. It offers only the standard AutoSet™ for auto-adjusting the delivered pressure in a black machine. All other features are the same as the For Her version.
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2014, 05:39 PM)Lambsydoats Wrote: I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this question. Please tell me if it should go elsewhere.

Can you explain to me what the sentence below in red means?

For Her Algorithm
One of the most innovative features of the AirSense™ 10 AutoSet for Her is the algorithm developed for women and the manner in which OSA affects them. A standard algorithm responds after 3 flow limited breaths and will move up by as much as 3 cmwp. The For Her algorithm responds after just 1 flow limited breath and will move up by as much as 2.5 cmwp. If needed the algorithm setting can be changed to the standard AutoSetAutoSet™ algorithm version.

Also available from ResMed is the AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier. It offers only the standard AutoSet™ for auto-adjusting the delivered pressure in a black machine. All other features are the same as the For Her version.
Everything in red confuses me
A10 AutoSet have 2 modes ... CPAP and AutoSet
A10 AutoSet 4Her have 3 modes .... CPAP, AutoSet, and AutoSet 4Her
Also A10 AutoSet 4Her report RERA in all 3 modes (A10 AutoSet does not report RERA )

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2014, 06:21 PM)zonk Wrote: Also A10 AutoSet 4Her report RERA in all 3 modes (A10 AutoSet does not report RERA )

Help, please. RERA? (I know I have seen a list of abbreviations. I even thought I had downloaded it. But do you think I can find it now?!

To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lambsy, There is a list of acronyms in the ApneaBoard wiki. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms

All you ever wanted to know and a whole lot more. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 473 6 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,930 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,335 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 182 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,015 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 181 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  F&P SleepStyle or ResMed AirSense 10 Tampa Jim 5 360 03-04-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.