Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
RE: All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
(11-02-2014, 06:41 PM)Lambsydoats Wrote:
(11-02-2014, 06:21 PM)zonk Wrote: Also A10 AutoSet 4Her report RERA in all 3 modes (A10 AutoSet does not report RERA )

Help, please. RERA?

Hi Lambsydoats, welcome to the forum!

Respiratory Effort-Related Arousal is an arousal caused by respiratory effort, but the associated reduction in the amount of air we were breathing ("Flow") was not at least 50%, so the event does not qualify to be called an hypopnea.

Although RERA events (just like Apneas and Hypopneas) disrupt sleep and (if frequent enough) can cause excessive daytime sleepiness, RERA events are not counted in the AHI (average per hour of the total number of apneas plus hypopneas).

The Respiratory Disturbance Index (RDI) is not used or talked about as much as the AHI, but the RDI is a better measure of sleep quality because the RDI includes RERA events. The RDI is the average per hour of the total number of apneas plus hypopneas plus RERAs.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Righty Oh. First post but been a reader for some time.

First use of CPAP Machine March 1996 (Resmed Sullivan V machine aka S5)
Time taken to wear mask all night through: 6 months
Second machine purchased 2006: Resmed S8
Third machine October 2010: Resmed S9 Autoset.

Now eyeing off the Airset 10 from America as recommended here.

For all of you P*ssed off about Resmed's Australian pricing, I was told by the guy who sold me the last machine 4 years ago that Resmed sets a minimum retail price. The most they can discount is a couple of hundred, then they usually bundle extras but Resmed is like APPLE - they price fix and don't give a rat's arse whether you can afford to buy it.

This is not only an issue for pensioners but anybody without a job or just on a low income.

Now I'm about to order a machine tonight from Supplier #10 mainly because my S9 has decided to stop resetting the usage to 0 at midday, and started to add each night's sessions together until it hit 24 hours where it is now stuck. Astalavista Baby.

Shall report back once it arrives.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2014, 07:37 AM)lab rat Wrote: Now I'm about to order a machine tonight ...

Hi lab rat, welcome to the forum!

As has been posted by others, the Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her machine is the same price as the A10 AutoSet machine and is three machines in one, having three modes: fixed-pressure "CPAP" mode, normal enhanced "AutoSet" mode, and new enhanced "AutoSet for Her" mode.

Additionally, only the AutoSet for Her machine reports RERA events, and it reports RERA events in all three of its modes.

So if I wanted an A10 AutoSet for myself, because the For Her machine offers more treatment options and more data I would order the AutoSet for Her machine for myself, even though I'm male.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2014, 07:37 AM)lab rat Wrote: Now I'm about to order a machine tonight from Supplier #10 mainly because my S9 has decided to stop resetting the usage to 0 at midday, and started to add each night's sessions together until it hit 24 hours where it is now stuck.
Try the rebooting trick, unplug the machine from wall outlet, wait a bit and then plug back

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2014, 07:37 AM)lab rat Wrote: Righty Oh. First post but been a reader for some time.

First use of CPAP Machine March 1996 (Resmed Sullivan V machine aka S5)
Time taken to wear mask all night through: 6 months
Second machine purchased 2006: Resmed S8
Third machine October 2010: Resmed S9 Autoset.

Now eyeing off the Airset 10 from America as recommended here.

For all of you P*ssed off about Resmed's Australian pricing, I was told by the guy who sold me the last machine 4 years ago that Resmed sets a minimum retail price. The most they can discount is a couple of hundred, then they usually bundle extras but Resmed is like APPLE - they price fix and don't give a rat's arse whether you can afford to buy it.

This is not only an issue for pensioners but anybody without a job or just on a low income.

Now I'm about to order a machine tonight from Supplier #10 mainly because my S9 has decided to stop resetting the usage to 0 at midday, and started to add each night's sessions together until it hit 24 hours where it is now stuck. Astalavista Baby.

Shall report back once it arrives.

Hi lab rat,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The Airsense 10 For Her is a better choice because it has more treatment options.
Best of luck to you on your CPAP machine decision.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2014, 01:43 AM)vsheline Wrote:
(11-02-2014, 06:41 PM)Lambsydoats Wrote:
(11-02-2014, 06:21 PM)zonk Wrote: Also A10 AutoSet 4Her report RERA in all 3 modes (A10 AutoSet does not report RERA )

Help, please. RERA?

Hi Lambsydoats, welcome to the forum!

Respiratory Effort-Related Arousal is an arousal caused by respiratory effort, but the associated reduction in the amount of air we were breathing ("Flow") was not at least 50%, so the event does not qualify to be called an hypopnea.

Although RERA events (just like Apneas and Hypopneas) disrupt sleep and (if frequent enough) can cause excessive daytime sleepiness, RERA events are not counted in the AHI (average per hour of the total number of apneas plus hypopneas).

The Respiratory Disturbance Index (RDI) is not used or talked about as much as the AHI, but the RDI is a better measure of sleep quality because the RDI includes RERA events. The RDI is the average per hour of the total number of apneas plus hypopneas plus RERAs.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
It take weeks and even months to acclimatize with CPAP. I wouldn't worry about RERAs scored by the machine, the machine have only flow senors but you need EEG to score arousal

Post Reply Post Reply
Look I'm old school. I reckon the Airsense 10 For Blokes will be just the ticket. Besides they have already shipped it.

I expect a lovely call from DHL demanding a customs charge be paid as the AUD $ is over $1,000
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the info like how to get into the clinician menu!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2014, 10:40 PM)lab rat Wrote: Look I'm old school. I reckon the Airsense 10 For Blokes will be just the ticket. Besides they have already shipped it.

I expect a lovely call from DHL demanding a customs charge be paid as the AUD $ is over $1,000
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this story featured on the news tonight, DHL staff caught throwing parcels onto a truck.

All I can say is I'm glad I used Fedex.

Chip
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2014, 07:37 AM)lab rat Wrote: Now I'm about to order a machine tonight from Supplier #10 mainly because my S9 has decided to stop resetting the usage to 0 at midday, and started to add each night's sessions together until it hit 24 hours where it is now stuck. Astalavista Baby.

Try resetting the S9 back to its factory default settings. This will erase everything except the blower hours, but you the data you saved on your card will still be there.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 472 5 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,929 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,333 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 182 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,015 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 181 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  F&P SleepStyle or ResMed AirSense 10 Tampa Jim 5 360 03-04-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.