Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tap Pap mask
Tap Pap mask
I can't find any reviews for this but am told it is a good option for side sleepers? I have the Dream wear mask but find it impossible to wear while side sleeping as it inevitably leaks. Any feedback would be much appreciated! I am ready to give up on this cpap business! I have a top of the line machine but have been left to the wind by my ENT and the ridiculous settings (4/20) which I have been trying to adjust myself - with your help - but I simply can't sleep (less than 2 hours each night with the mask on over a period of two nights before giving up as I would be up all night...) . The Dream wear is great but only on my back. I was told to try the Tap Pap. Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tap Pap mask
Never used the Tap PAP, but here is a review of the mask. Hope it helps.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Tap-Pap-Mask

Don't give up....finding a mask that works for you is not an easy task.

If you are not a mouth breather, why not try the P10 for Her nasal pillow mask?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, will look into it...
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife hates all masks.
But gets on really well with the eson nasal mask.
Very comfortable leak free loose fitting mask.

Also you will likely not wear a mask at a min pressure of 4. Few do. Raise it to six min and if you still feel smotherd keep bumping it up till you dont.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most nasal pillows work great for side sleepers. The most popular right now is the Nuance and the P10. If you are a mouth breather, you can try a chin strap with the nasal pillows. I sleep on my side and use the full face mask Simplus just fine. It is a matter of adjusting the pillow. Some sleep on the edge with the mask hanging off. I used a feather pillow for a while and made a dent where the mask went. Now I use a buckwheat pillow.

And yeah, narrowing down that range will also help you sleep better.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted to share about the pressure issue. My sleep Dr. set the pressure generously wide open from 4-15 and the first time around I did not know enough about cpap to just adjust it myself. I was not able to be compliant and hated cpap therapy. But the second time around, and after moving the pressure from a suffocating 4 to about 7.6, and the high end at 10.5,it was a whole new world welcoming cpap masks and therapy. My biggest breakthrough was the minimum pressure change, which allowed my machine to escalate to the 90% of 9.0 most nights, quickly to take care of the events.

I found that if the range was set too wide, the pressure changes would wake me up and the leaks would begin. Some nights are better than others, but I am thankfully compliant after 2 months and am glad I "stayed the course," because I feel a lot better during the daytime. My mask is a full face Airfit f10 which has a cushion feeling around my face and I just love it now but had a learning curve to figure out which mask and stopping leaks.

Hang in there and don't give up, as I really did regret having to turn in my machine the first time around, not being compliant with insurance.
You can do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had my first night with the Tap Pap and lasted a few hours. I actually thought that it was the most comfortable out of all the masks I have tried. I am a little concerned about dental issues over time though, have others found this?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2016, 02:02 PM)somnia16 Wrote: I had my first night with the Tap Pap and lasted a few hours. I actually thought that it was the most comfortable out of all the masks I have tried. I am a little concerned about dental issues over time though, have others found this?

I switched from a FFM to the Tap Pap a couple of years ago. One of the reasons I switched was to stop the spreading apart of my upper front teeth from the pressure of my tongue against them. Using the Tap Pap my teeth returned to their normal position!

Tom
Admin Note:
Jack_Russell_Fan passed away in June 2020
For his SleepMaster software, click here.

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,208 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,751 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,832 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,528 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.