Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Almost 6 months on APAP still tired.
RE: Almost 6 months on APAP still tired.
Not at those low levels. They also might be due to poor sleep rather than actually central apnea (centrals are common if changing position etc).
Post Reply Post Reply
They could also be related to mask type and mouth breathing (I find my CAs go up if I have a nasal mask and poorly taped mouth).

MarcelBolovan - your OSCAR indicates a nasal mask. Do you use a chin strap or anything to keep your mouth closed?
Post Reply Post Reply
I really don't know how to sleep better.
I do move a lot while sleeping and I sleep on all both sides and on my back sometimes.

Sadly, I do not have a chin strap, I try tapping my mouth shut with regular tape but recently I've started seeing that I drool quite a lot and the saliva actually makes the tape go loose and eventually I have mouth leaks.
One other thing that I'm going to try in upcoming weeks is buying and a humidifier and heated tubing as I've never had those, nor were they presented to me as options when I got my APAP machine. Besides that, I'm also looking to get a new mask, a full face one to be specific either resmed airfit f20 or the resmed airfit f30i.

Sorry for the late response.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah try a humidifier, it should have came standard with your machine. Full face mask was the only way I could keep leaks under control, they don't work for everyone though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick update:
I recently moved in back with my parents(I'm 19 don't judge Sad  ), and have a new bed to sleep in, I was previously sleeping on a couch/sofa for aprox. 2 years.
I've had a good night compared to everything previously(I managed to fix most of the leaks), tho' I didnt wake up quite refreshed and tiredness starting kicking in at around 3 PM.
My apneas have changed from most hypo/central to obstructive apneas.
Should I increase my pressure ? (Note: I didn't manage to get a humidifier yet as the part is quite expensive and need to save up some money).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Before changing settings, get rid of the second pillow.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a clear plastic tank sticking out on the right side, you have the humidifier. You may not have the heated tubing that replaces the plain tube, but it isn't necessary.
You can get some humidity just by putting water in the tank, and more by turning up the humidity control which heats the water somewhat. You should have a User's Manual which describes that.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't help but wonder if you are looking at the wrong part. You only need a humidifier tank which is around 30 USD, you fill it with water and pop it in end of machine. I am very surprised your machine supposedly didnt come with one unless you bought used. To have the best results and avoid rain out you will also want a climateline heated hose, costs around 40 USD.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2022, 11:01 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Before changing settings, get rid of the second pillow.

I only have 1 pillow sir.

(02-17-2022, 11:05 AM)pholynyk Wrote: If you have a clear plastic tank sticking out on the right side, you have the humidifier. You may not have the heated tubing that replaces the plain tube, but it isn't necessary.
You can get some humidity just by putting water in the tank, and more by turning up the humidity control which heats the water somewhat. You should have a User's Manual which describes that.

This is how my machine came, it's rented as I can not afford to buy one right now.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2022, 11:40 AM)Geer1 Wrote: I can't help but wonder if you are looking at the wrong part. You only need a humidifier tank which is around 30 USD, you fill it with water and pop it in end of machine. I am very surprised your machine supposedly didnt come with one unless you bought used. To have the best results and avoid rain out you will also want a climateline heated hose, costs around 40 USD.

I would straight up go and buy it if it was $30, sadly it's way more expensive in Europe, it's around 100 euros ($113) and even more expensive in my country (Romania), our wages are very low, miniumum wage is $230 / month, as a student its A LOT of money for me to spend and I need some time to save it.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 0 26 2 hours ago
Last Post: EntRESTo
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 182 11 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,959 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 364 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.