Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Almost there
RE: Almost there
That looks a lot better Rich. Keep up the good work. Hopefully that is more comfortable for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Much more comfortable. One drawback my Ox Report had me at 9.4 minutes of sub 88 O2 Sat. If this consistent and persists I'll have to see about getting an oxygen concentrator.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is Ox report.
Post Reply Post Reply
That could easily be a loose or displaced sensor. The SpO2 drops in one large step rather than as a more gradual transition. I think the best idea is to see if the problem recurs. There are no events from the detailed report or wave form charts that would relate to that desaturation at about 3-1/2 hours from the start (12:00 AM). Just one hypopnea at 12:12, and it doesn't look like that could cause this kind of event. I don't think it's real.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you are right. I've had this off and on before.  I've had nights with high HIs but good Ox reports. Thanks again for your help. I'm going to stay on these settings unless something drastic happens. I'll post a weeks average report next week end.
Post Reply Post Reply
With my charts, if there are obstructives, I raise the min epap.  I run a min PS of 5. together they cover half of the stuff. the variable max epap and PS cover the other half.  I'll post a chart

For minute vent getting too low and there are bits I want to be higher. I raise the min PS. The algorithm just follows the last 4 minutes of peak flow, it doesn't initiate any standard. I also use tidal volume, but that's a bit OCD as you start looking at 30 sec chunks of graph.

For me, the max pressure are set at max and the machine works out what it wants. I haven't found a good reason to change that

If you have lots of air and low o2, there may be a gas exchange problem in the alveolar. Your o2 chart doesn't seem to be too bad overall. see what your pulmonologist thinks

This is the ASV. min epap 9 ps5 
edit. I had a message, so I'll also post a ST-a for comparison, the ST-A maintains an average, I have increased my epap to 11 and reduced ps to 4
on the charts they both have a similar median IPAP, 95% IPAP and Max IPAP, which I find interesting, given they are totally different machines. I don't know if this averages out over time, or if this is just a coincidence.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Curious
I don't think this is anything I want to do anything about but I'm curious as to what might be going on. I often wake around 3 and after I get back in bed I get many events? Last night I had one OA and one Ca in six hours before these events. Also it usually takes me longer to get back to sleep at this  time. See attachments.
Post Reply Post Reply
In spite of the events following the therapy break (possible SWJ?) most of the night looks excellent. I'm seeing much better response from the machine to your needs. If you're feeling better, it is better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I may live
I don't think I can improve on these results. I always seem to have the most events somewhere around 3AM. This is the best HI so far, but I don't pay too much attention to that if my O2 sat is ok as it is here. One thing that is interesting is my minute vent by some definitions is indicative of hyperventilation. However, I was an all american swimmer in college and a beach Lifeguard for 8 years and swam up to five miles a day. Also I did construction in college in Utah at altitudes from six to ten thousand feet so I think that's why  my tidal volume is so high. Feel good for a guy way past his "Use By" date.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tidal volume looks good, and mine is similarly high or higher. I think there may be some error in the breath rate that results from multiple inspiratory peaks on the same breath. As you can see in your charts at 11:47 and many other places, you seem to inhale with one or more pauses causing a lot more inspiration peaks than expiration. This causes the machine to over-count BPM pretty significantly.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4221]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.