Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Almost there
RE: Almost there
PS: I changed Pressure max to 20 and PSmax to 10
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you adjusted settings, the CA was pretty well resolved. You had a pretty sustained bout of OA events that escalated AHI from 05:15 to 06:00. Hypopnea was persistent. Double check settings and let's see another session:
EPAP min 9.0
EPAP max 11.0
PS min 2.0
PS max 8.0
Pmax 19.0

Encore-Pro reports print as a PDF. We recently changed file attachments on Apnea Board to give you a lot more space and versatility. As long as the file is under 1-MB you can attach it to a post or PM. If the file is larger than 1-MB, you may need to break it into pages. See the new Wiki (a work in progress) http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Apneaboard
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, my settings last night were 21.11,9,10,0 . I will try the above settings tonight. I'm a little wary of PSmin of 2. I think I've had trouble with that setting before but I'll try it. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the flow chart from Encore pro. I had to lower the resolution and change to grey scale to get it down to size. If you want a clearer copy of fewer pages let me know.
Post Reply Post Reply
The flow chart was very readable. Many of the OA events seem to have flow rate tapering into the apnea, then recovering. That looks more like a CA pattern, but could be obstructive. Does one of the report pages summarize the settings? It just looks like th machine is not offering much pressure support.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just the chart below.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get and idea on the pressure chart. It can be enlarged.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have erratic breathing and always have about 5% periodic breathing. I have no cardiac problems. I also have a pretty high tidal volume average. My therapist can't believe I have any hypoxia with the volume of air I take in. See below.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the flow chart in horizontal orientation. As I said, the OA events look like diminishing respiratory effort at 02:49, and I see some larger pressure support there. Maybe someone else has an opinion.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider Scores
First four hours: AHI 2.4 Average for the night 3.3. Nice job, Thanks. Also longest sleep segments ever. I think first arousal was during REM sleep. After that the short segment I was awake messing with my mask when I tried to go back to sleep. Last arousal probable also Rem sleep. If it never got better then this I would be happy. Two other things contributed to improvement. Getting mask comfortable and I doubled my Flowmax I take for BPH a week ago so less urgency to urinate. See charts below.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.