Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Almost there... Waking early needing more air
Almost there... Waking early needing more air
Made some adjustments after some advice here last week, results have been good.  

Pressure was starting too low and I was having a hard time falling asleep at night, I upped it some and that problem is gone, but now I'm finding that I wake up an hour or more earlier than usual with the feeling that the pressure is too low for me to get enough air.  

Here's my last 3 nights, if anyone has insight it would be greatly appreciated.  

And by the way where do you learn to interpret this kind of stuff, is it just long term experience or are there resources out there where I can start to learn it myself. 

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Almost there... Waking early needing more air
The most detailed information is in the Beginners Guide to SH.  Although we now use OSCAR software, it still applies.  

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ailed_Data

You still have some Flow Limitation and RERA's, so it wouldn't hurt to inch up the minimum pressure a little at a time to see if that clears up. Raise it by .5cm at a time, it probably needs to be at least 8cm or higher, closer to your 95% number.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump your low number up to 8. Do you have any Flex active? It could be adding to the suffocation feeling; it's not for everyone as I place Flex in the comfort category. BTW Flex isn't the same as ResMed and their EPR, because of how they operate.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bumped it to 8 last night after posting this. I do have the flex on at 3 right now. Should I be giving myself a few nights each time I bump to see how it goes or is one night enough before the next bump?
Post Reply Post Reply
RERAs and flow limits. Your only took is min pressure you can keep bumping it up slowly.

Note: the best treatment for flow limits, RERAS, hypopneas, and snores is pressure support. Your machine is not capable of this. ResMed Will work up to 3CMW or a BiLevel machine will provide pressure support
Post Reply Post Reply
From experience, turn the Flex setting back to 2, as a setting of 3 seems to be uncomfortable for most.

Flex works much differently than ResMeds EPR, and will only give you up to 2cm exhale relief even if set to 3.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think your sweet-spot is going to be at 9.0 cm, which is your current median pressure, with Flex at 2. There is a lot of flow limit in your results. Feel free to go up gradually or all at once. I think you will be comfortable and find effective treatment closer to your current median pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
im looking around and not really seeing what "flow support" really does, would you mind explaining that please? Im trying to learn as much as I can.

also thanks for that link opal, lot to read in there.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 154 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 281 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 155 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 394 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 259 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Another new user needing guidance Unathletico 1 167 02-26-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: grubsztyl
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 191 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.