Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Aloha by Innomed
Smile 
Aloha by Innomed
I didn't see a review for my current mask called the Aloha. I use two, the Swift FX and the Aloha, preferring, I think the Aloha lately. If I have a really bad cold, I use the Hybrid nasal pillow full face mask. I have used almost every popular mask and there a a lot of good ones out there. I don't like anything too close to my eyes or anything inside my mouth that can make my teeth hurt. The Aloha is about the simplistic mask I have found. It even sort of adjusts itself wile I sleep. The Swift FX is a good one, too and the Hybrid , once you get the size right will all the cushions and pillow choices they give is a great mask for people that can't have anything over the bridge of their nose.
Since I have started using my machine, I feel 10 years younger. Stick with it!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aloha by Innomed
If you could, please, redo your review following the guidelines? It helps to set the standard. Much thanks for the review, even if you can't redo it!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
OK, so I think this is a redo of the post.
I bought the Aloha after reading reviews on another forum. At first I didnt think it would be so good because it looks very lightweight. It has two horns that the pillow sits on. the pillows move along the horns at night but it keep a seal. It also comes with the comfort pads that I bought separably for another pillow mask, this mask came with it...very nice. The mask is really lightweight and the pillows have a good seal. Unless I'm sick and need to mouth breathe, I use this mask. I have replaced the pillows two times in the past year. I paid well under 100 dollars US for the mask on special.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I took a look at the mask online and then went ahead an ordered one from suppler #1 (I only thought about trying to get one thru Medicare for about 2 seconds). I've been wanting to try another mask for some time and this one looks interesting. Thanks, bareablesleep for the write-up.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bareablesleep,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Thank you for the review.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I slept with the Aloha mask for the first time. Initially I had some concerns about the headgear being impossible to adjust. Then I discovered I had it on inside out! Once I got headgear realigned, I was out like a light and did not awaken until 8 a.m. Before anyone jumps to a rash conclusion that I got 8+ hours of sleep - it was 2 a.m. when I went to bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use it with an autopap and so far, so good.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pollcat, I hear ya. I slept with the swiftfx upside down for wile. The Aloha is a keeper for me, but after washing my padded wraps in the washing machine, the velcro is getting lint all stuck to it. I still love it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just wash the entire headgear in the sink, leaving the padding wraps attached.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have discovered one drawback to this mask. The headgear has a coupler that sits on the back of one's head which is uncomfortable for a back-sleeper. Time to search for another mask, again. Ohwell
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Aspen mask by Innomed bareablesleep 1 5,621 09-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Product Review] Innomed Nasal Aire II MisterMac 1 5,969 06-21-2014, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Airstream

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.