Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aloha mask and climateline tubing
Aloha mask and climateline tubing
I don't want to bore anyone with a long story, so will just ask my question. I ordered an Aloha mask and a climateline tubing online and received them today. Tonight will be my first night with the new mask and the new tubing. Is there anything that I need to change as far as setting go on my S9 AutoSet machine?

Is it ok for the new tubing to have the snuggle hose cover I have used for the regular tubing?

Also.......are the small white filter that is at the back of the S9 machine disposable or washable? I thought the DME representative said they were washable, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aloha mask and climateline tubing
(12-12-2012, 06:45 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: I don't want to bore anyone with a long story, so will just ask my question. I ordered an Aloha mask and a climateline tubing online and received them today. Tonight will be my first night with the new mask and the new tubing. Is there anything that I need to change as far as setting go on my S9 AutoSet machine?

Is it ok for the new tubing to have the snuggle hose cover I have used for the regular tubing?

It seems typically that you can specify either the hose length, or possibly type (eg. variance in diameter) but that seems about it. At times I've seen machines specify the mask type. If yours isn't listed, try a generic (default) setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 filters are are not washable. recommended to change every 6 months or sooner
you have make sure the climate line is full inserted, turned all the way and a message display on the screen "climateline is enabled"
the default setting is auto mode but you can change to manual mode or patient in the clinical menu.
when set to patient ... gives the option of either auto or manual mode on the home screen
imo you don,t need to insulate the climateline, its a heated hose ... protects against rainout on auto mode
climateline user instructions:
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GrammaBear, If you have been using a different type of mask other than pillows, You might have to change that but, I'm not sure. Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you with your new mask and the "Climateline" tubing.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2012, 07:11 PM)zonk Wrote: The S9 filters are are not washable. recommended to change every 6 months or sooner

Zonk is correct in that it's not recommended that you wash and re-use the white S9 filters...

That said, I know of a certain SuperSleeper who does exactly that. Whistle

They don't get perfectly white again, but I rinse them out very well with hot anti-bacterial soapy water and dry them out for re-use. I only do that once per filter, though; and I haven't died yet. Cool

But, I do that because I'm cheap and don't have insurance of any type. If I had insurance or Medicare that paid for my supplies, I probably wouldn't wash out my "disposable" filters.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The standard filters only cost A$29.90 for 12, but even so, I still make mine last 2 months each
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2012, 12:24 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: That said, I know of a certain SuperSleeper who does exactly that. Whistle
I was thinking about you but decided to go by the book Dielaughing

Post Reply Post Reply
I can usually get 6 months out of my filters because I have an aircleaner on the furnace, but, I saved my dirty filters back just to try washing them to see how that worked as I'm pretty cheap, too, (Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha,) why throw them away any sooner than you have to, (Ha-Ha-Ha?)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I finally got time to put my new Aloha mask together and to attach my Climateline tubing. I decided to put the snuggle hose cover on it because the feel of the plastic hose on my arm wasn't particularly pleasant (IMHO). I do like the fact that there is no rainout nor ice cold air coming from the port on the mask. The Aloha is only the 2nd mask I've ever tried in over 3 years, it is quite comfortable.

One thing I'm wondering about and that is - when does it become better for the patient to use the heated hose on a manual setting? I woke this morning with a sore throat. I asked my husband if he heard me snoring because I though maybe I had been mouth breathing. He said he didn't think I was snoring, and prior to CPAP therapy he would complain a lot about my snoring. Or maybe this throat thing is an isolated incident? I don't have a cold and don't feel sick.
Post Reply Post Reply
The heated hose is purely to prevent rainout. Using it on the manual setting may not help prevent rainout as much. (rainout is the water condensation forming in the hose and causing a wonderful gurgling sound)

If you have the house heat on, it could just be the air is dryer. You may need to bump the humidifier up a bit.

Also, if this is the first time you have used the mask, there *may* be a bit of stuff in the mask that you are sensitive to. I hate new masks fresh out of the box and plastic. They always have an odd smell to them. When I get a new mask, I set up the machine and turn it on for a few hours to help get the stink out.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 607 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 358 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 757 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 626 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 546 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ClimateLine tubing Palmtrees 20 2,077 11-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.