Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aloha mask and climateline tubing
RE: Aloha mask and climateline tubing
(12-15-2012, 07:55 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The heated hose is purely to prevent rainout. Using it on the manual setting may not help prevent rainout as much. (rainout is the water condensation forming in the hose and causing a wonderful gurgling sound)

If you have the house heat on, it could just be the air is dryer. You may need to bump the humidifier up a bit.

Also, if this is the first time you have used the mask, there *may* be a bit of stuff in the mask that you are sensitive to. I hate new masks fresh out of the box and plastic. They always have an odd smell to them. When I get a new mask, I set up the machine and turn it on for a few hours to help get the stink out.

Paula02,

We have electric heat in our house and it can be adjusted in each room. When you advise bumping up the humidifier a bit, are you referring to the humidifier on the S9? Sorry for a dumb question, I've just had the worse headache most of the day and it is hard to think straight. Plus I got woke up at 5:00 a.m. by a "wrong number" Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2012, 07:40 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: I woke this morning with a sore throat.
everyone is different. sore throat indicate to me
need more humidity or/and mouth breathing
you might need chinstrap to keep mouth closed

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GrammaBear, You might turn up the humidity on your CPAP machine a notch.
Best of luck and I hope you feel better tomorrow, that's a bummer, getting awakened by a wrong number, frustrating.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, sorry, I meant on the machine. Too much humidity can also cause dryness, odd but true. So just go up a bit. Like, if you are on 70, go to 72. Give it several nights and if it is better but still there, go up another 2.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2012, 09:49 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi GrammaBear, You might turn up the humidity on your CPAP machine a notch.
Best of luck and I hope you feel better tomorrow, that's a bummer, getting awakened by a wrong number, frustrating.

It was frustrating because we very seldom go out for supper, but last night was the shop Christmas party where my husband works. We stayed up late talking with friends and lost track of time.

(12-15-2012, 10:19 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yes, sorry, I meant on the machine. Too much humidity can also cause dryness, odd but true. So just go up a bit. Like, if you are on 70, go to 72. Give it several nights and if it is better but still there, go up another 2.

Paula, Unless I have mis-understood how my machine operates, the humidity goes by numbers 1 through 6. But I can turn those numbers to a higher number a little bit at a time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Using nasal pillows and having your throat get sore/dry, I would suspect mouth breathing. If humidy is low enough to cause sore/dry throat, I would think it would cause nasal dryness/burning.

Humidity sets 1 - 6. If you have Climate on Manual or Patient, be aware that if you bump up the humidity you might also have to increase hose temp. or you could get rain out.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are only seeing numbers (1-6) , then either you have it set to manual or your climateline is not completely attached. But yes, turning the number up is adjusting the humidifier part. The temp part is for the climateline.

When you are on the home screen, does it have 3 icons down the left side or 4?

If you do not see the temperature icon, then the climate line is not connected right.

[Image: s9-humidity.jpg]

[Image: s9-humidity02.jpg]
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 756 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 623 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 546 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ClimateLine tubing Palmtrees 20 2,076 11-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.