Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP, 3rd night LEAK DATA
New to CPAP, 3rd night LEAK DATA
3rd night in using CPAP. I'm still trying decipher the data, it helps to have experienced users point to their own interpretation of the numbers. This is from last night. I had two terrible nights previously but I think I'm quickly getting used to mask/pressure/neck brace (to keep mouth closed and straighten my neck) so last night I had about 6 solid hours. Woke up tired but not as bad as previously. I'm unsure about the leak data and was wondering if anyone can take a look. It seems pretty bad but I'm confused. Any help appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP, 3rd night LEAK DATA
Unlike Resmed machines I don't believe Philips incorporates the intended "leak" from masks such as a pillow mask. Also, each mask incorporates passive venting. Using the P10 mask it will have venting of 29 @ 8cm H2O increasing to 43 L/min at 16cm. Also, we know that Resmed says it's machines can handle up to 24 L/min leaks (whilst I don't know what this with the Dreamstation 2, for discussion lets assume its similar). Therefore, your 95% was 16cm, so any leaks over 43 +24 = 67 L/min is an issue. It doesn't look like you hit that - so you are good to go!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP, 3rd night LEAK DATA
Welcome to an Oscar-alpha and new DS2 user!
Those leaks are indeed rather extreme.  It's been about a month.  How are you making out?    You likely have several weeks of data now.  Have you resolved your leak issues?

With a Fixed CPAP mode at 16, would you not try a range in auto mode to see how you'd make out?  I'd be curious how you fair at slightly lower levels, while tracking those leak rates.  Of course, look at all ways to secure that mask and keep your mouth closed throughout the night.  I ended up settling on tape eventually which works best for me.  As you know, significant leaks really reduce xPAP results.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 34 Today, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 145 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 154 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.