Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Alphabet and Resmed Startup
Alphabet and Resmed Startup
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/07/11/alph...apnea.html

I just found this on the news feed. Nothing groundbreaking here but still interesting I think. What's of interest to me is a tech giant like Alphabet is mixed with the same company in the news and combining dollars for our interests. 

Hope the link doesn't violate policy.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Alphabet and Resmed Startup
Bless their hearts showing so much concern for the masses. I'm sure profits have nothing to do with this noble gesture.

Thanks  Rolling laugh
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
New niche of data collection. If anyone is scared now, wait to see what's around the corner.

On another note, in future sight, we may be asked to rate some ads when we turn the machine off in the morning Smile
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2018, 02:46 PM)JesseLee Wrote: New niche of data collection. If anyone is scared now, wait to see what's around the corner.

On another note, in future sight, we may be asked to rate some ads when we turn the machine off in the morning Smile

Its bad enough taking the mask off and having those 2 damn green smileys looking at you for "mask seal" and "humidifier", let alone adverts to contend with. "airplane mode" to "off" should stop that hehehe

the smileys are really off-putting, almost as bad as a wet dog nose poking you because you are 30 seconds late getting out of bed to feed them.   Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
If you think two green smiley faces are off-putting, wait until you see a red frowny face!

Besides, we'll still have more data using ResScan or SleepyHead than they will get over cellular...
Post Reply Post Reply
"ResMed's chief medical officer Carlos Nunez described a series of goals for the partnership, which involve reaching people who might have the condition but don't know it; as well as helping those who have been diagnosed stay compliant with their treatment."

It looks like this is all about selling more machines and masks. If Alphabet was just concerned with people's health, they could easily put PSAs about Apnea throughout their system, no need to start a business to do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2018, 03:38 PM)pholynyk Wrote: If you think two green smiley faces are off-putting, wait until you see a red frowny face!

Besides, we'll still have more data using ResScan or SleepyHead than they will get over cellular...

sure will have more data, 2G is dying here in 6 months hahahha, no more cellular data to resmed from my machine.

i had a red frowny face the other morning, mask had slipped and i kept sleeping. those are off-putting as well hehehe
Post Reply Post Reply
"He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake."
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2018, 10:12 PM)CPOP Wrote: "He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake."

Too-funny
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm in the fortunate position of not having to worry about compliance issues. I'm not on anyone's register (including Dept of Main Roads), I've bought my equipment outright and am not a commercial driver/pilot/etc. No ads for me!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 285 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  SD Card Startup Abletree 2 457 11-01-2021, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Abletree
  A10 makes odd sound on startup PaulaO2 6 1,511 06-27-2019, 11:37 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Dreamstation Go startup and data communication? dgnelsoni 2 1,323 12-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Sleep Apnea Alphabet Soup ladytimes 2 1,353 11-13-2016, 02:16 PM
Last Post: ladytimes
Gross Harder exhale at startup chezdan9 13 6,660 01-04-2014, 05:31 AM
Last Post: me50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.