Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Alternatives To Cpap???
Alternatives To Cpap???
Hi. Has anyone here looked into/investigated any alternative treatments for sleep apnea?
I saw this ad, for example, called "inspiresleep", which involves an implantable thing. Maybe there are other things, too. Anyone? Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Alternatives To Cpap???
Here are 2 links out of a bunch on the subject:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...timulation

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t=implants

Do a Search (menu top) on the word implants for a lot more.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The inspiresleep is very interesting. I had a meeting with a company rep. I got a demonstration and a lot of information. It is a pacemaker like device that is implanted under the skin and has a small remote that works it. it gives a tingle to move the airway to open when restricted.

I like the idea but with the CPAP working well and the bank account low it will not happen for me.

See if the company has a rep in your area and maybe you can set up a demo.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
That's very interesting ! Not sure if I would want a electronic device implanted in my neck. Can see the interesting results with the High RF fields I work around.
Post Reply Post Reply
The implant goes in the chest. It is small and the wires are small.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inspire and CPAP Alternatives and Updates Comfortcomposites 7 927 12-11-2023, 11:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Alternatives to Vitacom and Contec for Overnight Oximeter Giantmushroom 2 513 10-22-2023, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Giantmushroom
  DreamMapper alternatives xaid 3 701 06-10-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: upsman
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 21 4,212 07-23-2022, 08:25 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  [Equipment] Other brands and model alternatives to Dreamstation autoSV DSX900T11C ggoodrich 2 1,071 08-24-2021, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Alternatives to Biotene for Dry Mouth? ronlecroy 4 2,027 05-04-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Air fit p10 alternatives or maintenance rx77310 21 7,079 05-03-2018, 04:18 PM
Last Post: NotADr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.