Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Am I Getting the Royal DME Run Around?
RE: Am I Getting the Royal DME Run Around?
Thanks so much for all the responses. I grew some balls after reading here this morning, <unusual for a woman,,,yes, I know>. I called the doctor's office and told them the story. Well, I actually left a message on their answering machine when the person on the phone directed me there. I'm not worried about that, at least I let them know I've waited two weeks and so far no APAP machine. I'm such a bitch, I know, but no one else has ever held me by the hand and helped me solve any medical issues I've had in the past twenty years. It's all been on my own.

So we will see if this prods a machine out of the DME. I'd hate to work in that office. I can't imagine having to help sleep apnea sufferers find the right equipment. Some of them have to be at their wit's end and just on the brink of insanity like me. I've always been polite but it's gotten me nowhere. I will continue to be that way, but also proactive. If something's bothering you and you are not getting satisfaction or help, pick up that phone, be nice, but be persistent. Thank you all for being here for me. I hope you all have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving day. Love, DJ
Post Reply Post Reply
djjWilly, you used two "B" words, it's funny when it comes from a woman. I will add one suggestion to try if you can do it easily. Don't phone, go there in person. They can't tell you to leave a message and forget you were there.

I'm not boasting but I just retired from a job in which I supervised several hundred college level professors. I learned quickly that when things were critical, don't rely on email, phone messages or letter. In the process of my directness...in person, I have become good friends with my DME. When I could not get the RX for the machine I wanted, I drove 30 miles to my sleep doctor. I was nice, but direct. I got what I wanted. I had a facultly member once say , "you know, you are hard to say no to". So, be polite and make it hard to them to say no. Don't apologize for being assertive. I wish you well
Post Reply Post Reply
I absolutely believe you must be persistent and press everyone you speak with to give you what you want in a timely manner. Never end a phone call without a clear understanding of what will be done and when it will be completed. If you're told it can't be done, ask why. I spoke to many people to get the equipment I wanted and to get it quickly. Many times I could not get the same explanation from two people within the same place. Just keep going until you find the person with the answer you want and follow through with them. It is very frustrating but very possible. Just stay cool, be polite and treat them the way you'd want to be treated. After all, they're no different from the rest of us. They just know less than you do when it comes to your health.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.