Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Am I doing something wrong?
I have a ResMed autoset10 machine. I am having issues with it not giving me the correct number of hours that I sleep. I am new to sleeping with a CPAP machine, just started in January. Over the past fourteen days the machine said three days that I only used it 1.5 - 2.0 hours, even though I had slept from 10:00pm - 4:00am. Back in Feb. they replaced the machine and now this one is doing the something.The home care company is tring to tell me that I am taking it off at night and putting back on. I found this very interesting, since I know when I go to bed it's on, and when I use the restroom it's on, and when I wake up it's on. Besides if I were taking it off my wife would be telling me to roll over that I was snoring. The other thing I was told that the pillow maybe sliding off of my nose and laying my side of my head. I would think that would be very noisy and would wake me up, as well as the machine would trip off on high leak. I am frustrated with being told these things and I would like to know the real issue.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Am I doing something wrong?
(03-21-2016, 04:34 PM)whitetail Wrote: I have a ResMed autoset10 machine. I am having issues with it not giving me the correct number of hours that I sleep. I am new to sleeping with a CPAP machine, just started in January. Over the past fourteen days the machine said three days that I only used it 1.5 - 2.0 hours, even though I had slept from 10:00pm - 4:00am. Back in Feb. they replaced the machine and now this one is doing the something.The home care company is tring to tell me that I am taking it off at night and putting back on. I found this very interesting, since I know when I go to bed it's on, and when I use the restroom it's on, and when I wake up it's on. Besides if I were taking it off my wife would be telling me to roll over that I was snoring. The other thing I was told that the pillow maybe sliding off of my nose and laying my side of my head. I would think that would be very noisy and would wake me up, as well as the machine would trip off on high leak. I am frustrated with being told these things and I would like to know the real issue.

Hi Whitetail,
Welcome to the forum!!

I have a few suggestions:
1) Identify the specific model of machine you have, and the mask you are using, and update your profile with this information. This will help people to give you better advice.

2) It appears that you have a machine that provides access to ALL the data about how it is treating your apnea. There is a terrific program for viewing and monitoring that data, called Sleepyhead. It is free software, available via download from a link at the top of every forum page. Sleepyhead runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. I suggest you download and start using this software to see what is happening during your sleep. This ought to provide you with more usable ammunition in dealing with the sleep "professionals".

3) Keep a sleep journal. I have found that memory of what occurred during sleep fades very quickly, so I pull the SD card from my machine every day, copy the data to my computer, and review it in Sleepyhead. I immediately make an entry in my sleep journal (text file), recording the essentials: date, time slept, AHI, wakeups, leaks, and anything unusual I happen to remember. This has been invaluable in reviewing to see what I have done that worked well, or not. Again, this should help in dealing with your machine supplier or whomever.

Good luck on your journey.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree. Sleephead is free and will tell you without a doubt if you are using the machine all night or not and you can print out the data and show them!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi whitetail,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang inthere for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi
I wish I could provide you with an answer. I have the same issue with the same setup. It doesnt happen every night though.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a resmed 10 machine also, and have had this happen a few times in the first weeks I had the machine.

I have an Elite model, which is single pressure set at 6. When the machine records a short night, I noticed when I woke up it was blowing at a higher pressure than normal.

Looking a sleepyhead reports, it showed that the machine went from 6 to 10 and cut off recording right after, even though it was definitely blowing all night.

So, I think it is hitting an internal error and going to some default error state of 10 pressure.

I haven't had it happen for awhile: Here are the things that I did that I think might apply

1) Turned off the "Autostart" function. I now hit the button at the start and stop of the night, rather than just putting on the mask and breathing in.
2) Moved the power supply brick far away from the unit - this was suggested in some other post from resmed
3) I've also since disabled the ramp function, but guessing that's not relevant.

Hope it helps,
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2016, 04:34 PM)whitetail Wrote: Am I doing something wrong?

Maybe not, sounds like the unit is wonky, or it just needs adjustments, think these things reset at 12 pm .... my S9 does.

There are many threads in the stickies above that give adjustment tips.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 543 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,460 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 321 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 470 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 574 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is there something obviously wrong with my CPAP use? [pull off mask while asleep] Cpapaya 4 671 08-16-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Wrong times on my OSCAR graphs Steve P 1 458 07-16-2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: David Clark

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.