Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Am I expecting too much?
RE: Am I expecting too much?
I have gone through the same as you! Terrible mouth breathing with nasal masks/pillows, but could not tolerate FFM's and they leaked a lot.

Now I use a P10 + soft foam cervical collar and I get zero leaks. Perhaps give the collar a chance?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Interesting thought. I don't know the P10.  right now I have achieved 100% mask fit with the F20 and will see if my AHI goes down.  If not I have installed OSCAR and will be back to the board for help.  Thanks for your reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome. [Prescription Required Item Removed] Also, try different size nasal pillows.
You just have to get your own foam collar :-)

-----
Moderator Action: Prescription-Required Item Removed
Per Apnea Board Rules, prescription-required items are not allowed to be sold, traded or offered on our forums.  Thanks for your understanding.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Barbara,
I am also a confirmed mouth-breather.  I started PAPing in early 2014, with a Resmed Mirage Quattro.  I didn't like it much - never could control the leaks, and it was a lot of fiddling to get even a marginal fit.  I saw a lot of posts about the F&P Simplus.  I found that Supplier #26 had (and still has) a very liberal return policy, so I tried it, and have been using it ever since.  I have also read here that F&P has released a new mask called the Vitera, some say similar to the Simplus, but more cushion in the nasal bridge area.  You might give one of these a try.  There is a .pdf fitting guide document on the supplier site, and that worked well for me.

Good luck finding the right one.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.