Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Am I getting the right cpap backup battery? Beginner here
RE: Am I getting the right cpap backup battery? Beginner here
I wanted to come back to my reply. The normal desktop UPS similar to the older one I own (APC BX-1500 Pro) which was discontinued last year shows a runtime of approximately 262 minutes when using my ResMed AirSense 10 in APAP mode, humidity set to 1, and pressures set to 12 cmH20 to 10cmH20 with a ERP of 1.

Pushing the humidity up to number "8," the UPS displayed a runtime of 106 minutes.

Turning the humidity off, the runtime of 262 minutes was displayed. Since the ResMed was in APAP mode, the 262 minutes was displayed during the exhale cycle and 217 minutes was displayed during the inhale cycle. The air pump has to work harder during the inhale cycle.

This UPS when it was purchased years ago it sold for about $150. I think I picked it up at Best Buys. It does have a replaceable battery. There is other UPS models rated at 1500 VA (about 900W) with larger batteries, but the cost increases considerably into the $800 to $2,000 range depending on it battery size and features. These expensive models would be for servers and data center equipment. The more expensive models generally supply a clean sinewave as opposed to the stepped sinewave of models similar to the one I have when on UPS mode.

In conclusion, I would expect to get about 4 hours of runtime from the BX-1500. I hope this helps for users looking for a UPS. This configuration is not for travel use.

Equipment Setup: https://photos.app.goo.gl/NSw8osHnJNBGycuY6

Power Reading: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ckxSd7JQ1WF7sDSh6
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah okay I have about 870 watt hours between my two computer ups so I should atleast get a couple hours if not more from them. Every little extra bit I can squeeze from them could be helpful since I live In hurricane country lol. Not going to rely on them as the main backup battery just nice to have a little extra hours of cpap use
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been thinking about putting this UPS up by the nightstand for a while and I just moved it into place today and ran the numbers. I have a small generator, just in case any outages last longer but I'd rather not have to worry about it in the middle of the night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 166 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 296 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 54 4,729 04-01-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Charliejoe
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 2,028 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 231 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 431 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 276 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.