Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Am I missing something?
Am I missing something?
I have just recently (2 weeks ago) received a Airsense A10. I have the humidity set to 3 and I am not getting any moisture at all. I check the plate and bottom of the water chamber when I get up and they are cold. Is there some switch or option I am just not seeing? I would like to find out if it is something I am did/doing before I call the DME and look like a idiot Grin . I was out camping for a week until yesterday. I have a S8 auto that I keep in the RV but took the A10 with me to use. I had to use the S8 after the first night due to the humidity issue and last night I used the Remstar Series 60 that was my old in the house machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Am I missing something?
It sounds like you may have received a unit with a bad humidifier heater. At a setting of 3 you would certainly notice the heat on the plate. I'm not aware of any other setting that would cancel humidification with that setting, but I don't use the Autoset. Is your equipment provider a DME or did you buy this yourself. It is under warranty, and you should contact your supplier, or contact Supplier 27 on the supplier list to learn about submitting for warranty service. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the water level in the reservoir dropping? this is said to be a reasonable indicator the the humidifier is working, or so I was told.
Also, if the water level drops to empty it is an indication of a large air leak.

I must say that it does not feel from the airflow that my humidifier is working, but all other indicators are show it is OK.
Even though I wash out the water reservoir each day and refill it with pre boiled water I get a small build up of scale which is another indicator that the heater is actually doing what it is supposed to.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can quickly check the humidifier heater by executing the "Run Warmup" sequence from the main menu of the machine, waiting 5-10 minutes, and then removing the water tank and carefully feeling the metal heating element. If it is hot to the touch, then the heater is working.

I noticed you live in Florida, which I imagine is pretty humid year-round. That said, the humidifer might not be using that much water to maintain the humidity setting - 3 is pretty low (lower than the Auto climate control setting of 4). Even though I live in an arid climate, I've noticed that when it's been raining and thus ambient humidity is high, my machine uses significantly less water.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2016, 09:55 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: It sounds like you may have received a unit with a bad humidifier heater. At a setting of 3 you would certainly notice the heat on the plate. I'm not aware of any other setting that would cancel humidification with that setting, but I don't use the Autoset. Is your equipment provider a DME or did you buy this yourself. It is under warranty, and you should contact your supplier, or contact Supplier 27 on the supplier list to learn about submitting for warranty service. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

I called the DME and will take it there tomorrow for them to check it out

(01-19-2016, 11:59 AM)Possum Wrote: You can quickly check the humidifier heater by executing the "Run Warmup" sequence from the main menu of the machine, waiting 5-10 minutes, and then removing the water tank and carefully feeling the metal heating element. If it is hot to the touch, then the heater is working.

I noticed you live in Florida, which I imagine is pretty humid year-round. That said, the humidifer might not be using that much water to maintain the humidity setting - 3 is pretty low (lower than the Auto climate control setting of 4). Even though I live in an arid climate, I've noticed that when it's been raining and thus ambient humidity is high, my machine uses significantly less water.

My older machines all used water plus this time of the year humidity is a lot lower but, I like your suggestion to put it into warmup mode and verify for sure the plate is not heating. Gonna go try it right now.

OK just put it in warmup mode for 10 minutes plate was barely warm to the touch.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum Rick_V! Hope you get your machine problem sorted out soon.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the humidity set to auto? if not what temperature do you have it set to? I have mine at 63 degrees, humidity to 0 because I want it to be cold and I don't want a lot of humidity.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just wanted to say thanks for making me look like an idiot (just kidding Grin ). I took it to the DME this am they checked it out and it is working fine. I assumed that having it set to 3 was the middle range due to the fact that 5 was the highest number my previous machines had. I was informed that it goes to 8 and that I should run it around 5 or 6.
Post Reply Post Reply
Problem solved. That's what counts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2016, 12:32 PM)PoolQ Wrote: Is the humidity set to auto? if not what temperature do you have it set to? I have mine at 63 degrees, humidity to 0 because I want it to be cold and I don't want a lot of humidity.

After reading your post I checked to see what my settings are and can't find any place to change anything but the humidity setting. I also checked in clinical mode.
(01-20-2016, 02:51 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Problem solved. That's what counts.
Smile

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 273 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 171 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown. Captain Howdy 2 478 10-11-2023, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  Missing some OSCAR data?/RM AirSense11 TomWii 2 650 08-12-2023, 04:30 PM
Last Post: TomWii
Question [CPAP] Is the Resmed algorithm missing my AHI events? Nathan Graves 2 612 08-10-2023, 08:07 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Aircurve 10 VAUTO - missing Ti MAX/Min,Trigger, Rise time? sleep2023 9 1,018 06-26-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: sleep2023
  Myair app missing 1/2 of days sleep period Dchurch 4 706 03-21-2023, 01:52 PM
Last Post: SleepyMac

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.