Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Am I on the right track? Not feeling it yet.
RE: Am I on the right track? Not feeling it yet.
(01-01-2017, 11:09 PM)benseidler Wrote: Side note: I wore the pulse oximeter last night, and imported the data also, and my low was 89, which also appears to be a big red flag.

A low of 89 is not a big deal. An AVERAGE of 89 would definitely be a big deal. Cpap gets me to a 91% average o2 which keeps me from being sleepy, although I get fairly dull in the afternoon.
Post Reply Post Reply
As VSHELINE mentioned, I will give it a week or two to balance out, but the other night I bumped it to 6, and didn't see an improvement, so I bumped it to 8, and took a 2 hour nap today.

My AHI based on the two hour nap today was 7.2

I have attached a short snip from the nap, showing a handful of apneas.

Do these look like centrals?

Thanks Again,
Ben

[attachment=3084]
Post Reply Post Reply
Highlight about 2 minutes to zoom in around a couple hypopneas, so we can see the Flow waveform more clearly.

"Flow" waveform shows the estimated Rate of airflow into (positive) and out of (negative) our lungs. When Leak is fairly small and steady (like yours) the estimated Flow should be accurate.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this better? Sorry, I am still figuring out how to navigate sleepyhead.

[attachment=3085]
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2017, 07:07 PM)benseidler Wrote: Is this better? Sorry, I am still figuring out how to navigate sleepyhead.

Better. That was about 8 minutes. 2 or 3 minutes would be more clear.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I think I have this down now lol... Thanks for your patience...

[attachment=3086]
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you summarize your machine settings, particularly any back-up rate. This machine should be triggering much higher IPAP pressures on a breath by breath basis, and that is not happening.

Vsheline, do you have any examples of this that you can show for comparison? I see this from Respironics machines far more often then Resmed ASVs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are my settings that I can see in the clinical setup screen..

[attachment=3087]
Post Reply Post Reply
Settings look correct, and BPM is on auto as I would expect. The machine should be sensing respiratory volume on each breath and increasing pressure support above the 2 minimjum when adequate inhale volume or flow is not present. Failing to do this, leaves the hypopnea untreated. I don't know if this is a malfunction, or machine sensitivity, but I don't see this happen on Resmed Aircurve 10 asv models compared to the Auto SV machines that we see on the forum. Bear in mind, CPAP and ASV machines are not my expertise, so this is anecdotal observation. I think it is particularly visible when you compare the mask pressure line to the events. The pressure support is not increasing pressure in the mask to overcome the events. Here is an example of what I would expect to see for a TREATED hyponea. Note the spikes of pressure:

[Image: May13_Adapt_web_zpsej44wdu0.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
should the max EPAP remain at 9, or should i bump that up?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 262 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 327 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 310 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 808 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 551 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,089 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 560 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.