Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Been a While
RE: Been a While
I did increase it to 12, with the first 2 nights under 1 AHI. This morning it was under 2. Early days for a consistent report yet, but I'll get some charts up tomorrow (public holiday here then so I'll have time).
Post Reply Post Reply
Weight loss and hard labour.. go back and eat what your G'parents ate. You need more fat in your diet. (you will need to google this as it goes against the last 50 years of low fat, fad diet) You also need 120g of protein.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I did increase it to 12, with the first 2 nights under 1 AHI. This morning it was under 2. Early days for a consistent report yet, but I'll get some charts up tomorrow (public holiday here then so I'll have time).

As for the disturbances, that's in general since starting therapy. Before PAP, I'd zonk until the alarm went off. Total unconsciousness except for the odd noise of snoring, but even that was rare in terms of waking, though I apparently snored like a sawmill. Now I wake several times a night mostly to adjust the mask because I'm a tummy sleeper. That comes with the deal, but it's not restful at all. There are no issues otherwise, so I can't say it hasn't been successful. I just don't sleep as soundly any more.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess that is the difference between exhaustion and sleeping. Just wait till the crease in the sheet or the traffic you never heard before drives you nuts. I want to live in your state, we don't get a holiday in the south.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL I usually sleep through all sorts of shenanigans going on around me.  Now that it's cooling down, cat-on-chest time delays my actually going to sleep, and prolongs lying-on-back time. But cat-cuddle time is always the reward, eh?

Attached are shots of the last four nights of data. Fairly typical.

[Image: dbhUKmmt.png]

[Image: CrX0rGft.png]

[Image: UIbAplxt.png]

[Image: yx3dI1tt.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2019, 08:00 PM)Doza Wrote: LOL I usually sleep through all sorts of shenanigans going on around me.  Now that it's cooling down, cat-on-chest time delays my actually going to sleep, and prolongs lying-on-back time. But cat-cuddle time is always the reward, eh?

Attached are shots of the last four nights of data. Fairly typical.

[Image: dbhUKmmt.png]

[Image: CrX0rGft.png]

[Image: UIbAplxt.png]

[Image: yx3dI1tt.png]

Wow Doza, your charts look real good! -  Thanks for reorganizing them! - - Your minimum looks like it's dialed-in pretty good.   I'm thinking you may want to ease up on your EPR if you're comfortable with that...maybe 1 instead of 2 to see how things work for you... I used to use EPR and gradually stopped using it.

I'm sure ajack and others will be on board before you know it to give you more precise tune-up ideas. - -  Your numbers are obviously looking very good! .52 and .62, nice!!!  But more important than the numbers, how are you feeling  after a night's sleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
Doza, my two cents for what it's worth.  Your numbers and charts look very good.  I'm one of the people that never really felt a huge improvement, especially in the morning.  Where I do see some improvement in how I feel in the afternoon.  Before CPAP, around 2-3pm, I had to struggle to stay awake.  Several times I had to pull over while driving and take a nap along the side of the road.  Do I still get tired in the afternoons?  On some days yes, but not so tired that I can't function anymore.  To realize the value of CPAP though, all I have to do is fall asleep without my machine and I typically wake with a headache and feeling more tired that when I went to sleep or else I can't get to sleep at all no matter how desperately I try.  Am I jealous of those people that have immaculate before and after energy transformations? You bet.  But am I thankful for just feeling incrementally better and being able to sleep decently most nights?  Yes, I am!

Here is a tip for you...  I can tell when I wake up in the middle of the night because my tidal volume increases and my respiration rate decreases when I am awake.  Go back and look at your data.  Maybe you aren't waking as much as you think.  

You are having some leak issues here and there as you know.  Maybe try a different mask type or some kind of hose management system to see if that would help.

Good Luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, feeling better was an expectation for sure. I would be permanently sleepy for a year or so prior to my hyperthyroidism/Hashimotos diagnosis. While the medication enabled me to get through the day without napping, it didn't address much else, despite 'the numbers' being decent with treatment.
It's looking like a repeat result with treating the apnoea. I suspect it was all happening concurrently with the added rapid weight gain being a clue, since that is the other thing not changing despite a good diet (yes, including protein and not worrying too much about the fats in cheeses Wink ).

Yep, leaks are still happening, but thankfully large ones are rare these days. I do move around a lot in my sleep so that's to be expected. I'm consistently getting 100% on MyAir so I figure the levels are acceptable enough.

Hmm yes, I should check the data in relation to waking. And so far, I've never slept without my machine since I got it.
EPR? I recall quite a while ago fiddling with it, but can't remember what exactly. No harm trying it eh?

Thanks for your insights, fellas.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.