Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Amara View Cushion Came Apart
Amara View Cushion Came Apart
My machine (and mask etc) has been idle for a long time. Tonight I gave it a thorough soak/clean, and my mask is now in 3 pieces. The soft cover part has separated from the hard plastic piece with the hole in the middle. (The other hard plastic part with the outlet for hose connection IS meant to come apart). 

I can’t get the plastic back over the hard piece. Have I broken it? Please don’t tell me I need another mask - I’m hoping it’s fixable!

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Amara View Cushion Came Apart
Sounds like you had the water too hot and the sealant melted. You could try to super glue it back on. I think your better off getting a new mask cushion.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just looked more carefully at my Amara View, and I think Walla Walla is right. I don't see how you could glue the soft silicone back onto the hard plastic part. Silicone is pretty difficult because it's so slippery.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the Amara View for almost three years. I have had two fail after several months of use in the manner you describe: the cushion separating from the support portion of the mask. I don't believe there is anyway to reattach the cushion. The contact area is very small. 

foss
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your replies. Yes, I melted the sealant. Lesson learned.

I bought a new mask today and will only wash it in WARM water in future.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 412 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 231 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 559 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 543 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Very intermittent nasal cushion collapse BillfromMissouri2 4 424 12-10-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Looking for Help Interpreting OSCAR Daily View timfik 4 611 11-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: timfik
  F20 Touch (foam) cushion --Longer Use and Larger Leaks snorin2 18 2,069 09-26-2023, 03:09 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.