Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Amara View FFM/P10 nasal pillow
Amara View FFM/P10 nasal pillow
So I was finally able to go to my DME yesterday to exchange my Mirage Quattro FFM. I decided to get the Amara View FFM and also the P10 nasal pillows as back up and along with a chinstrap (can't figure out best way to put that on yet).

Does anyone have any discomfort in the tip of the nose with the Amara? I also noticed that one of the top straps irritated my cheek. I will adjust it so that it is not so tight. I wish that I had used this one earlier, so much nicer to use and no leaks so far.

For the P10 pillows, what is the best way to clean them? I haven't used them yet since I just got them. They seem to be nice and will have to play with the cushions. I tried a medium and they seemed to work fine.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Inky1
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Amara View FFM/P10 nasal pillow
I use dawn dish soap and hot water to clean nasal pillows every morning and let air dry.

Not too much maintenance.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2016, 09:28 AM)Inky1 Wrote: So I was finally able to go to my DME yesterday to exchange my Mirage Quattro FFM. I decided to get the Amara View FFM and also the P10 nasal pillows as back up and along with a chinstrap (can't figure out best way to put that on yet).

Does anyone have any discomfort in the tip of the nose with the Amara? I also noticed that one of the top straps irritated my cheek. I will adjust it so that it is not so tight. I wish that I had used this one earlier, so much nicer to use and no leaks so far.

For the P10 pillows, what is the best way to clean them? I haven't used them yet since I just got them. They seem to be nice and will have to play with the cushions. I tried a medium and they seemed to work fine.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Inky1
I clean my P10's daily with either a baby wipe or with baby shampoo and water. Once a week a thorough cleaning with baby soap.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Amara View and also love it. The lower straps leave marks on my cheeks, thinking of getting those strap covers from pada something in the supplier list (have see them sold on several sites). I have been quite surprised at how loose you can wear this mask and still get a seal. I used to get a sore nose right underneath, I was pulling up the mask too hard with the top straps, worried about getting a seal.

The other thing is that little strap by the air hole, that should lie flat against your upper lop and not against your nose. The nose cup should just barely cover the end of you nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I toss mine in a empty plastic bathsalts jar every morning until i run out of clean ones (currently have ~ a doz) when I have used the last one, i wash everything, and start again. i have spare hoses and tanks and masks too, and switch those items into the cleaning pile on the weekends. So clean everything weekly, and clean nasal pillows daily. I swap filters every other weekend. I always sleep best when it's fresh, so I can't see doing less Smile
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 155 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 314 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 348 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,855 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 261 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 450 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 862 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.