Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Amara View - Straps Aggravate TMJ Disorder
Amara View - Straps Aggravate TMJ Disorder
I'm a first-time CPAP user, and I went with the AirSense 10 AutoSet and the Amara View. However, the straps for it have a tendency to push my jaw back, which is bad because I already have a semi-recessed lower jaw due to TMJ misalignment.

Are there alternative straps that will fit the Amara View that offer better chin support?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Amara View - Straps Aggravate TMJ Disorder
I don't know of any alternative straps for the Amara View. PR makes a large size for the Wisp, but that is a completely different style of mask. While I find that I have to tighten my Amara View tighter than the Wisp, I suspect that if the mask is moving your jaw, it is way too tight. Either you need a different cushion size or a different mask. I would hope your DME supplier can help you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright, so it sounds like a good first step would be adjusting the fit on the lower straps. I just know I had the same problem with the regular full face mask I tried during titration.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi oldbushie,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you can get that mask adjusted so it will work for you, but don't be shy about trying different masks if you need to.
Hang in there for more responses to your post, good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2016, 10:28 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi oldbushie,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you can get that mask adjusted so it will work for you, but don't be shy about trying different masks if you need to.
Hang in there for more responses to your post, good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
Thank you!

I did try loosening the lower straps, and while it didn't push my jaw as much, part of the straps felt a bit loose. So I'm going to keep experimenting with that. At least the mask part feels alright. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 5 523 04-03-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: hejohoo
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 416 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  P10 straps slipping acordeon 1 354 01-17-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for Help Interpreting OSCAR Daily View timfik 4 612 11-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: timfik
  CT Angiography - 3D Airway view reconstruction fotjon 2 415 09-15-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: fotjon
  [Treatment] I have TMJ Syndrome and mask straps can aggravate it. KStanLD 7 1,082 07-14-2023, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Uphold9887
  [Pressure] Recently Diagnosed, Please view my charts DumDum90 4 595 06-06-2023, 12:23 AM
Last Post: DumDum90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.