Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Amara View arrived...
Amara View arrived...
need to wash it, and test this thing out. I tried it on, and it felt weird. If it works, I'll make a liner for it, because my Simplus; aka Facedigger, has a Pad-a-Cheek on it, and I don't think they sell those for this mask.

Amara View people, how it is going?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Amara View arrived...
I got mine a few weeks ago.
I am a mouth breather and my pressure spends a lot of time around 19-20.

Woke up after a few hours with a really bad dry mouth.
The air delivery on the Amara View goes through a smaller tube and is directed
straight into the mouth. This gives a high velocity airflow straight to the mouth, drying it.

The mask felt great though and didn't have any leaks.
I think because of my pressure, it dried my mouth ...

I'll try and see if I can put some air deflector ... or something and see if that works better to reduce the dry mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have only been using my Amara View for a week. I tried the medium size mask on the View two nights ago and had a large amount of leakage. Going back to the small mask on the View took care of it. My average pressure is now at 11 with a maximum setting of 12. I find the View nicer than the Simplus when the leak rate is under control. For me though, it was much easier to get a good seal with the Simplus. The first few nights with the View the upper strap on the left side was rubbing the top of my ear. Taking some slack out of the strap that goes across the top of the head took care of that. The View is smaller and has less irritation points than the larger Simplus mask. The small Amara View works best for me compared to the Simplus (at the current time). If the View does not work out, I will definitely go back to the Simplus.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2015, 01:56 PM)foss Wrote: I have only been using my Amara View for a week. I tried the medium size mask on the View two nights ago and had a large amount of leakage. Going back to the small mask on the View took care of it. My average pressure is now at 11 with a maximum setting of 12. I find the View nicer than the Simplus when the leak rate is under control. For me though, it was much easier to get a good seal with the Simplus. The first few nights with the View the upper strap on the left side was rubbing the top of my ear. Taking some slack out of the strap that goes across the top of the head took care of that. The View is smaller and has less irritation points than the larger Simplus mask. The small Amara View works best for me compared to the Simplus (at the current time). If the View does not work out, I will definitely go back to the Simplus.

Jeff

I also have a small Amara View. I washed it, along with the headgear, and I plan on giving it a try. If it's a mess, I have my Simplus on standby.

(08-09-2015, 06:21 AM)Zeddy Wrote: I got mine a few weeks ago.

straight into the mouth. This gives a high velocity airflow straight to the mouth, drying it.

I'll try and see if I can put some air deflector ... or something and see if that works better to reduce the dry mouth.

I get dry mouth every night, with my AC10 ASV on auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
After two minutes with that thing on I was like, F this. Leaky and uncomfortable. It's going back to the DME. My Simplus is so much more comfortable than that mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Shouldn't that be " F&P this " instead of " F this " ? Smile

I have tried lots of masks and I keep coming back to Simplus as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2015, 06:21 AM)Zeddy Wrote: I got mine a few weeks ago.

I tried mine last night and just did ok until 4am. It started leaking bad so I went back to my Quattro air! How long do you give a new mask a chance then give up?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2015, 01:52 AM)JVinNE Wrote: need to wash it, and test this thing out. I tried it on, and it felt weird. If it works, I'll make a liner for it, because my Simplus; aka Facedigger, has a Pad-a-Cheek on it, and I don't think they sell those for this mask.

Amara View people, how it is going?

I'm relatively new to CPAP (5 months in) and I went through a series of mask trials (e.g., nasal pillows, Respironics wisp nasal mask) before settling on a Respironics Amara. I had both mask inserts...the silicone hardly ever leaked but it chewed up the bridge of my nose something fierce. The Amara gel insert was infinitely more comfortable but it leaked like a sieve and the flapping/fluttering on my face was intolerable.

So, I was overdue for an insurance replacement and my DME had the Amara View in stock for trial. I picked one up last Thursday and I'm having mostly good results. I went from a small in the Amara to a medium in the Amara View. My leak rate for the first 5 nights has actually been 0 (as reported by both Sleepmapper and SleepyHead). The only downside is that my AHI readings have increased slightly from an average range of .5 - 1.00 to an average (for the past five nights) of 1.9.

The mask fit is very comfortable (at least for me) however the placement of the exhalation ports could be better as I occasionally feel the purged air in my right eye.

Obviously things can change and I am still somewhat of a rookie but the Amara View looks to be a keeper. I think the increase in AHI is a reasonable tradeoff for letting my nose heal (if it ever does) and the ability to wear glasses without having to thread them through the mask bar.
Post Reply Post Reply
With the Amara View fitted with the small mask, I am still have a small amount of leakage. Not enough to be a problem. My AHI has settled into the 2 to 3 range. The F&P Simplus is still more comfortable during the night but the pressure on the just below my eyes near the bridge of my nose has been eliminated. I am going to continue with the View for a while.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2015, 06:51 AM)Zeddy Wrote: Shouldn't that be " F&P this " instead of " F this " ? Smile

I have tried lots of masks and I keep coming back to Simplus as well.

I giggled at the F&P comment. Smile

The only reason I call my Simplus, "Face Digger," is because it leaves a mark on my left side, but that is likely due to the fact that I can't sleep on my back or my right side, due to positional vertigo from a head injury. I have to sleep on left side or on tummy. That sh*t is all Pad-a-Cheek'd up to the max, too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 355 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Looking for Help Interpreting OSCAR Daily View timfik 4 587 11-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: timfik
  CT Angiography - 3D Airway view reconstruction fotjon 2 403 09-15-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: fotjon
  [Pressure] Recently Diagnosed, Please view my charts DumDum90 4 574 06-06-2023, 12:23 AM
Last Post: DumDum90
  Dry mouth with Amara View capecodoma 16 4,734 04-10-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: chuckinca
  Buying AirSense 11 online, is it possible to have it registered to Air View? Spartan 1 758 11-29-2022, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Amara View Mask jimbo1199 2 585 10-02-2022, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Brazen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.