Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Amara View clips
Amara View clips
I am looking for a good non-magnetic mask.  The Amara View comes with non-magnetic attachments.  I see they are now changing over to magnetic.  Philips told me that once the old ones are gone, they are gone for good.  Can anyone tell me (since I have never seen one directly), if the clips are completely replaceable?  ie. if I buy up some non-magnetic replacement clips now, will I be bale to use them with the newer mask pieces in the future?  It appears, based on pictures, that the headgear is not changing... and the mask is not changing... only the clip is changing from non-magnetic to magnetic... so with a supply of non-magnetic clips, I should be able to replace the mask for years without issue...  can anyone who has seen the old, new or both confirm this for me?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Amara View clips
It does appear that Philips has switched over to the magnetic clips for the Amara View. I’d guess that you could buy up replacements from CPAP suppliers and not be at risk of running out for some time, as you say.

I’ve used the AV in the past and always found the manual clips cumbersome, so I have to ask why you find this a problem?
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
I find this a problem because my wife has a pacemaker and I will not take the risk.
Post Reply Post Reply
Magnets not good with pacemaker/ICD.

I am looking to confirm that there is no change to headgear or mask itself... just the old clips are swapped out for magnetic ones...  hoping someone can confirm who has the new one... i am hoping they did not change the mask iteslf and make the clips not removable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I checked a few of the vendors I frequent and didn’t see any indication of the new variant, though Supplier #1 is selling mask kits at half off, which might be a good buy, and indication that they will have new stock soon.
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
Have both. interchangeable.  can use either with same headgear.

i personally prefer the old clips, easier for me to find connection spot when no lights on
Post Reply Post Reply
Ahhh... Thank you. Exactly what I needed to know.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 355 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Looking for Help Interpreting OSCAR Daily View timfik 4 586 11-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: timfik
  CT Angiography - 3D Airway view reconstruction fotjon 2 403 09-15-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: fotjon
  [Pressure] Recently Diagnosed, Please view my charts DumDum90 4 574 06-06-2023, 12:23 AM
Last Post: DumDum90
  Dry mouth with Amara View capecodoma 16 4,733 04-10-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: chuckinca
  Buying AirSense 11 online, is it possible to have it registered to Air View? Spartan 1 758 11-29-2022, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Amara View Mask jimbo1199 2 585 10-02-2022, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Brazen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.