Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Sleepweaver √Član
Humidifier: Resperonics Heated Tube humidifier
CPAP Pressure: Max pressure 25.0 cm H20, Max
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncorePro

Other Comments: CMS 50i with Software for SpO2

Sex: Male

RE: Amara View mask help please
I agree, a pressure of 4 is way too low for most people. I could not breathe at that level. I don't like using the ramp feature, and certainly not for more than 5 minutes. Try turning the ramp off and set your minimum pressure to 6 and see how that works.
Then download the Sleepyahead software and check your data graphs for a couple of nights. With help from the experts here you will be able to adjust your settings to provide optimal therapy.
You should also obtain a complete copy of your sleep study reports and your prescription. They will help you and us to make the best choices.
10-20-2015 03:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Judy1843 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Model 37028
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10
Humidifier: Humidity Level 4 Ramp off
CPAP Pressure: 7-13
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Amara View and DreamWear Nasal

Sex: Female

(10-20-2015 01:12 PM)DannetteDN Wrote:  I tried the Amara View mask and felt like I couldn't breathe with a setting of 4-20. The vents on that mask are near the nose, and not near the mouth. The instructions for the mask say to breathe out through your nose. Aren't we given full face masks because we are mouth breathers or have trouble breathing through our nose? The vents are small and it takes a while for the exhaled air to leave the mask. If they are further from the mouth, this would take longer and more exhaled air would be breathed in again. I switched to the ResMed AirFit F10. The vents on that mask are near the mouth, around where the tube goes in. My pressure settings haven't changed, but I feel as though I can breathe better.

I also could not breath with my Amara View however was using the wrong size cushion and went up one size and it is perfect now! Try another size cushion!
10-20-2015 06:09 PM
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

Sex: Male

(10-20-2015 01:12 PM)DannetteDN Wrote:  The instructions for the mask say to breathe out through your nose. Aren't we given full face masks because we are mouth breathers or have trouble breathing through our nose?

Possibly, but I would ignore those instructions. They don't make sense as it should be ok to exhale through your mouth.

Quote:The vents are small and it takes a while for the exhaled air to leave the mask. If they are further from the mouth, this would take longer and more exhaled air would be breathed in again.

The stream of air is moving so quickly that I don't believe this makes a significant contribution to the re-breathing of exhaled air. What the exhalation ports do is keep the hose purged of exhaled air so that your don't re-breathe it.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
10-23-2015 08:19 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Equipment] Anyone tried Quattro FX and Amara View masks? mj1127 2 314 09-17-2016 10:28 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Philips Amara View bugo 29 1,904 09-16-2016 06:57 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  [Equipment] Where to buy Amara Full Face Mask Cushion in Philippines weeapnea 5 263 09-08-2016 01:07 AM
Last Post: weeapnea
  Sleepyhead View Settings Help afwife4 4 437 08-06-2016 08:18 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  Philips Respironics Amara View Leaking? Greendog 5 550 07-22-2016 02:15 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  Phillips-Respironics Amara ffm Gel Major Leaks Roy289 3 374 07-05-2016 04:50 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Amara view mask - How to fit for best breathing? stephennic 2 557 07-01-2016 01:18 AM
Last Post: stephennic