Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Amara View or Resmed Airfit F30 full face masks
Amara View or Resmed Airfit F30 full face masks
Due to allergies nasal pillows just won't work for me.

For the past couple of months I have been using the Amara View Full face mask.
It has worked well but left me with a red mark across my nose. Loosening the headgear has helped.

I have been looking at the Resmed F30 which looks similar.

Has anyone used both and can compare them for me.

Would the F30 give my sore nose some relief or should I just call myself Rudolf?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Amara View or Resmed Airfit F30 full face masks
I know you're asking about the Amara View vs the F30. While I don't yet have an F30, I believe my AirFit F20 is similar enough. I also have the Amara View, which until I was issued the F20 was in my estimation a very good mask. I suppose it still is good, but nowhere as good of a mask choice for me than the AirFit F20. To be clear, AifFit means it has silicone as the seal cushion. I also own 2 of the AirTouch memory foam cushions, which for me don't work as well as the silicone.

FWIW the Amara View seems to cover less facial area, and is quite capable of allowing the wearer to wear eyeglasses if so chosen while reading, watching TV or whatever prior to falling asleep. It was comfortable enough except the heavy feeling attached hose. And as much as I tried, I could never accomplish a good reliable seal like I can with my F20.

Now, as stipulated that I'm not directly commenting on the F30, and using my F20 experience as hopefully close enough for us here, I would say your nose irritation should LIKELY to be expected less if using an F30 or F20. I'm basing this in part due to design differences between these 2 masks. The F20 and F30 rest higher up towards one's nose bridge.

Also stipulated in my opinion on this is that you've chosen and/or have done both of the following: the strap adjustments are truly as they ought to be for best fit and leak stoppage and that the cushion is the proper size for you. No doubt you're likely aware of the fact any mask can be adjusted too loose or too tight for comfort and leak control. Many users make the mistake that leaks will cease if you just keep going tighter. Wrong in most cases. I myself fell for the tighter is better to control leaks fallacy; don't be surprised if you fell for it too.

Regardless that I cannot speak to F30's use and ownership, I hope what I mentioned helps. Best to your treatment successes.

Coffee

PS welcome to AB
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Airfit F20 and F30 are not similar. The F20 sits on the bridge of the nose, while the F30 sits below the nose. I haven't used the Amara View so can't compare that to F30, but have the F30 as a backup mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
The structure of the N30 around the nose is shaped at more of an angle. It may help you seal the mask better without having to over tighten the straps and it's quieter. No way of knowing without trying it though. I will say the N30 straps are much easier to fasten and unfasten do to magnetic tabs.

For the sore nose you can use Lanolin which can be bought in baby section of drug stores. It prevents chaffing and is used by nursing mothers. It also is safe with masks.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Walla Walla, you mean F30
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2018, 09:18 AM)Coffee Man Wrote: The Airfit F20 and F30 are not similar. The F20 sits on the bridge of the nose, while the F30 sits below the nose. I haven't used the Amara View so can't compare that to F30, but have the F30 as a backup mask.

OK Coffee Man, thanks for correcting me on that. I made the wrong assumption the F20 and F30 would be similar.

Having this info, it would appear then that similar results are likely expected between an Amara View and the F30, going by Coffee Man's description on the F30 sitting below the nose.

Sincerely sorry on that, I was armed with the wrong info.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2018, 12:06 PM)Coffee Man Wrote: Walla Walla, you mean F30

Yes the F30. Can't keep track of all the new Resmed masks. Dont-know
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the F30 for about 6 months now. I added a fabric liner to reduce the red marks which develop from a combination of pressure and a reaction to the silicone. The fabric helps, but does not cover the strip of silicone under the nose (top of upper lip) where I get red peeling. one other odd thing with the F30 is waking occasionally feeling like I cannot breathe through one nostril, which I realized was due to a SLIGHT mask shift. The F30 has a narrow strip of silicone dividing the nostrils which nuched over too far in one direction during sleep. Probably due to shifting between side and back positions.  That feeling of suffocation was annioying enough that I am now trying the dreamwear full face (also with a fabric liner).
Post Reply Post Reply
I have only regularly used a Resmed F30 and a F & P Simplus mask. The Simplus worked well but I get a pressure sore on the bridge of my nose.

The f30 is very comfortable , runs a a lower pressure than the Simplus ( aerophagia is much reduced). However I have consistently large leaks which concerns me that the leaks may compromise my treatment.

So  when my nose has healed I will change back to the Simplus or maybe try the Brevida mask. The Brevida adverts indicate that this mask puts less pressure on the nose. But you dont really know how  they will work with you until you can try them.

As with many of us hoseheads the search for a comfortable mask is often allusive,

good luck in your search
Post Reply Post Reply
Since having started SA Therapy, I've only use the AirFit F20 and F30. I switch back & forth as I see fit. Overall, I like the F30 better. It's more comfortable (for me) and much easier to itch my nose if the need arises. 

And, it's not as claustrophobic feeling as the F20 is. I do okay with the F20 though, as it's the 1st mask I started out with.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 44 2,955 8 hours ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 511 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,963 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,579 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 348 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,602 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.