Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to find out air pressure without sleep study
How to find out air pressure without sleep study
When i breathe in deeply i make a very loud piglike sound. lol

So if maybe i can set air pressure on my machine to a setting where when i breath in its not piglike with cpap machine ON?

maybe that means i got pressure where my throat is not collapsing or whatnot?

any ideas on this?

right now i got it set at 10.5... i dont think is high enough prob..
15 is highest right?

i think i have a bad case of apnea.. i snore a ton..

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to find out air pressure without sleep study
I'll tell you right now, I wouldn't mess with straight pressure without being able to see what it was doing. Most of the folks on here messing with their pressures have auto machines that record data that they can look at. Higher pressures CAN cause health problems. That said, I will leave it to those far more knowledgeable than me.

I did have my machine set at a straight pressure, just 1 cm higher than was prescribed, but I also had the advantage of seeing what that actually did since mine was a data capable machine. I'm back to my auto setting.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 216 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 73 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.