Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Amara view leaking bad
RE: Amara view leaking bad
Tried 8.5 tonight and ahi was still 2.3 or so

Why cant I just get rid of the flow limitations and hypopneas
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep bumping up the pressure a little at a time. You'll get there.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
will try 9 tonight.

With EPR off, it's getting a little harder to breathe out though. But at least the mask isnt bouncing all over my face...
Post Reply Post Reply
tried 9-12 tonight, ahi was 1, for the first time, half events were flow limitations, with 1/4 OA and the other 1/4 half hypopneas and centrals.
Usually hypopneas were predominant.

The APAP always bounces pressure up and down though, I wonder if I should just set it to CPAP 9 or keep it 9-12 apap. I pretty much just get the "saw tooth" pattern going 9-10-9-10-9 for no reason all night.

Will try again 9-12 tonight and report.
Post Reply Post Reply
The up and down pressure is a dreamstation thing. It checks to see if a different pressure will improve your flow rate. It doesn't really hurt anything unless it's disturbing your sleep. If so maybe a fix pressure would work better for you.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
.78 last night but with a cluster of reras fl and hypopneas during 20 min, rest of the night looked ok.

Never really had much reras flag before.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm having the same bad time with Amara View, but I really, really want to make it work, since it is the most comfortable. What is EPR? I have the same problem with it moving around. I will get it just right, but in the night I will waken when it is at higher pressure, and it seems to slide around as it inflates. I have a small size but wonder if it is still too big (I have a small face). The leaks around my chin are the worst. Help!
Post Reply Post Reply
I am getting it better lately.
The stubble really makes it leak though, but I don't want to shave every night...

.56 last night, 3 Fl, 1 OA, 2 H, 1 CA, Probably not worth changing anything at .56
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope! That's as good as it gets.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
got .91 last night, with FL, OA, CA, and H all even, 1-2 events each...

But I guess that I'm just going to get some events no matter what and at .91 it's probably not worth it changing anything.

Should I even bother? With low numbers like that, percentages don't really mean anything anyway, with 2CA, 3FL, 2H, 2O, 1PB....

AHI really dropped since I jumped min to 9 and set EPR to 0
Maybe I'll try 10 and see how it feels. Maybe 10 with EPR 1....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 383 03-27-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 357 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 346 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
  Was doing well, AHI slightly higher, lots of leaking between 4-5am. jkang9080 4 569 12-14-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,463 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Looking for Help Interpreting OSCAR Daily View timfik 4 588 11-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: timfik
  leaking water tank ( Airsense 10) migos 2 521 09-16-2023, 06:21 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.