Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Amara view mask - How to fit for best breathing?
Amara view mask - How to fit for best breathing?
Hi all,
Just bought a new Amara mask, and have just started CPAP in the last week. I am wondering when fitting the mask whether the nose should be hard up against the plastic where the hole is or whether to leave a gap. I noticed last night with my nose hard up against the hole I seem to get less air to breath and felt as if I struggled to get enough oxygen. When I left a gap between the nose and the plastic it seem to be better. What is the recommended fitting? I have also read that some have suggested cut to open the opening wider. I think the hole is not open up wide enough to get full oxygen to the nose. I was measured to have a medium size nose, tried large air leaked.
Any thoughts would be helpful.
Cheers
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Amara view mask - How to fit for best breathing?
The air passage inside your nose is really quit small, you should get plenty of air.

This mask does not seal by upward pressure under the nose, instead if inflates in from the sides and seals around the lower side edges. That strip by the breathing hole should go flat against your upper lip and not up against the bottom of your nose.

The tip of your nose fits into the small cup and is covered slightly by that cup.

It likes to not be as tight as some other masks and once inflated it helps to pull it slightly away from your face so it inflates properly and then let it settle back.

When you adjust the straps 1/8" at a time (3mm) as it is quite sensitive to strap tightness.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Amara view mask - How to fit for best breathing?
Thanks, so the nose shouldn't sit hard against the hole - when it does that it covers some of my nostrils. My nose was half way between medium and large it was a in between size. I called the store all they could say to me was it sits under your nose, when asked about a gap or hard up against my nose they couldn't really give me a clear answer.
Cheers
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 102 2,541 04-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 284 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 349 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 355 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 199 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 578 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 412 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.