Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Amazing
Amazing
I must send a huge thank you to those that assisted me on this board. My AHI was a 78 and I was completely frustrated with the health care system. I took my treatment into my own hands following the advice given here and research. I bought a Respironics System One Auto BiPAP and the results are amazing. For the first week my machine is reporting an AHI average of 0.9. That's right...less than 1!!!! I have had a total of 2 OSA all week! I already feel incredibly different. Thank you all!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Amazing
(01-15-2016, 07:47 AM)revpappy Wrote: I must send a huge thank you to those that assisted me on this board. My AHI was a 78 and I was completely frustrated with the health care system. I took my treatment into my own hands following the advice given here and research. I bought a Respironics System One Auto BiPAP and the results are amazing. For the first week my machine is reporting an AHI average of 0.9. That's right...less than 1!!!! I have had a total of 2 OSA all week! I already feel incredibly different. Thank you all!!

It doesn't surprise me that you can obtain good results from the advice you receive here, but I always ask myself why our health care system can't or won't provide the same. Dont-know

Keep up the good work!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2016, 07:47 AM)revpappy Wrote: I must send a huge thank you to those that assisted me on this board. My AHI was a 78 and I was completely frustrated with the health care system. I took my treatment into my own hands following the advice given here and research. I bought a Respironics System One Auto BiPAP and the results are amazing. For the first week my machine is reporting an AHI average of 0.9. That's right...less than 1!!!! I have had a total of 2 OSA all week! I already feel incredibly different. Thank you all!!

Congratulations! That's a fantastic improvement.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the great results...I'm jealous you found an auto bipap for only $350. Out of curiosity, how close was I in this post from your "Desperate" thread to your successful settings?

Success like yours is the most satisfying thing for those of us who post on this forum. Thanks for following up. "Amazing" sure sounds better than "Desperate" LOL
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2016, 08:28 AM)OpalRose Wrote: but I always ask myself why our health care system can't or won't provide the same. Dont-know

I could not agree more, last time I saw my man he said that I could go back in 6weeks, with it going unsaid that he would do nothing for me, or go back in 52 weeks.
Clearly not wanting to oh so clearly waste his time or mine I said 52 weeks.

I would be even more hacked off had I like some been paying out hard cash for this non treatment.SadSad

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi revpappy,
CONGRATULATIONS,! that’s GREAT to hear.
Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations. Keep up the good work.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow!
That's a sensational turnaround, great stuff!
Post Reply Post Reply
Fantastic! I couldn't be happier for you.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent results! Give yourself a big pat on the back for learning how ti care for yourself. That's HUGE!

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 214 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Vacation - CPAP compliance was amazing, now home and I'm struggling again Muhlyssa 3 506 05-26-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Muhlyssa
  Felt amazing on first night of therapy, but regular after that NoddingHacker 1 536 07-15-2021, 01:01 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tribute To The Amazing Team On This Board Sleeper396 3 717 07-05-2021, 02:52 PM
Last Post: PAZ99
  Wow!! Evora Nasal Pillow! Amazing! tierdal 19 2,605 06-02-2021, 03:45 PM
Last Post: BreatheRight
  The Itamar® WatchPAT™ is amazing Broomstick 2 1,576 09-18-2019, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Broomstick
  Amazing, AHI went down Arik 4 1,286 01-26-2019, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Arik

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.