Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Amazon [no CPAP sales]
RE: Amazon [no CPAP sales]
Call and talk to Supplier #2, you will be surprised
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve bought several cpaps at estate sales or on line auctions and sold them on Craigs list
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
Amazon use to sell machines through a number of vendors at some of the lowest prices available. I'm nearly certain that this was seen as a violation of the minimum advertised price policies and undercut the DME reseller chain which both Resmed and Philips are highly motivated to protect. You can bet that Amazon was threatened with legal action by at least one of those manufacturers. The sellers on Amazon were often legitimate distributors that were selling at near wholesale prices. One of them was Sistemma which is currently Supplier #33.

Many of these back-door sales have moved to Craigslist. You can find brand new machines for sale, often from the Northwest or Florida, at very low prices. If you know what you are looking for, you can contact those sellers and get a very low price on new equipment. These are relatively safe sales and are usually transacted by PayPal or similar payments. If you want to look on multiple Craigslist locations, use SearchTempest.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
i am not looking for lowest possible price. i am looking for machine with 0 run hours and no headaches if i have to return it in 30 days. reason i was hoping for amazon, may be it is naive, but in at least 10 years i bought from them regardless if fulfilled by them or by another vendor i never had any headaches returning anything. But i never bought anything close to 500. one more thing i want and i dont even know it is possible, is 24 months warranty from resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Even my slightly used machine from Supplier #2 (top of this site shopping cart) has a one year warranty and I paid 49 more for a 2 year warranty. They have new machines also - but I'm not sure what their warranty is on those.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Any concerns retailer #2 is not on resmed list? 
https://www.resmed.com/en-us/sleep-apnea...full-list/
Post Reply Post Reply
If price isn't an issue, then start with the Supplier List. (Link at top of page)  

We list these DME's as a convenience for our members, and can't necessarily vouch for one over the other.  Ask the Vendor questions as far as return policies, and warranty.

See disclaimer.

Warning:  This is a list of links to traditional Durable Medical Equipment suppliers (DMEs) who maintain their own online store. They have not been reviewed or rated by Apnea Board.  Please do your own research and use your own judgement prior to making any purchase.  Apnea Board receives no remuneration from any supplier listed here.  Alternatively, some members have purchased equipment via non-traditional venues such as Amazon, eBay, DOTMed, craigslist, garage sales & want ads etc. with varying levels of risk and success.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
so looks like if i want  resmed approved  supplier all roads lead to [Commercial Link Removed]  Supplier #1
. i asked them about 30 day return policy. they will allow me to do it once on resmed machine that have 30 day return policy but after that no 30 days return policy no matter what website states.  it sounds like this is my best chance getting machine with 0 run hours. I am assuming it is impossible to reset run hours to 0 even by resmed.
i am also assuming that getting DME with all my requirements that will bill my insurance simply impossible. this is simply not how their business model works.

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
For what it's worth, there's a lot of good online DMEs, but I've been using Supplier #1 since Apnea Board started back in 2004 and have always had super-fast shipping, no issues whatsoever, and they have relatively competitive prices.  Johnny Goodman runs a tight ship.  You won't find a more solid and responsive DME* online, IMHO.

* DME = "Durable Medical Equipment supplier"

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ment_(DME)
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,818 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Does anyone know how to read an Apria sales agreement? cathyf 1 1,088 03-20-2022, 03:09 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Amazon out of stock on my mask. Price 3x elsewhere. Mindbullets 5 984 02-07-2022, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] New User DS7 Health Care Machine from Amazon mesmith9 9 1,375 01-13-2022, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Gideon
Question [News] PRIVACY - AMAZON srlevine1 10 1,114 07-14-2021, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Best Resmed (S10) filter on Amazon torrent7712 4 1,034 09-25-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Air filters for AirSense 10 - will most of them on Amazon, etc. work? UncollapseMeThroat 13 2,562 08-26-2019, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Sheepish

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.