Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ambiguous Spikes in Pressure
Ambiguous Spikes in Pressure
I am reviewing my SleepyHead Data daily. I am still feeling not well unless I get 9+ hours in the bed. 

June 11th SH Data

Drilled Down Pic of spikes

I can't figure out why my pressure spikes w/o any events.  You can see the two spikes at the beginning of my night.  I have seen this type of thing happen several other times in the last few weeks.  I'm trying to figure out why this might be happening.  I'd love to hear thoughts from others.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ambiguous Spikes in Pressure
I'm fairly certain that's part of Phillips-Respironics algorithm. Their system puts out a "spike" every few minutes.
Looks like every 20 minutes.
Why they do that, I'm not certain. It's sort of like hunt&peck computing.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
yes.  the machine hunts for a reaction to a slight and gradual programmed increase to see if the flow restriction it senses will reduce.  If so it adjusts the pressure to new level.  mine hunts regularly.  no cause for concern.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the responses.   That makes sense. I appreciate the explanation
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 678 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Weird spikes and then I wake up tiredguy1 4 290 02-12-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Fairly consistent pulse rate spikes every night shyrwall 4 327 01-12-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: shyrwall
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,107 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,638 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Many Awakenings with Heart Rate Spikes jr991 3 496 11-18-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: jr991

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.