Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

An Apology...
An Apology...
I want to publicly apologise for a post I place yesterday on 1 April.  Apparently, it was not received well by one or more members.  I do not know who or how many found it offensive as they were deleted by the Moderator subsequent to my post that acknowledged it as an April Fool’s joke.  Furthermore, I do not need to know who.

I never thought that something so outrageous of the premise of the pun would have been received in such a manner.  Last year’s anecdote was met with nary a peep: my funny planned for next year will not take shape… you will need to make up your own joke next year about how I was going to try to fit a pair of nasal pillows on fido (yes, that darn pooch snores too) while the cat laughs at me.  I had planned to seek advice from members here on how they got ‘em to fit on their pets.  (<- hint, I am not really trying to actually do that to the dog, but it would have been the gist of that joke… please do not call PETA.)

I never meant anything by my joke post nor did I intend any harm… and I sincerely apologise to those who found it offensive.

I have enjoyed my couple of years here- the advice, the insights and the camaraderie all means a lot to me.  Please, try to keep humor in your lives.  Ever since I started sleeping better (and losing some weight) I have learned to smell the roses a little more… and that included laughing at myself and not being so tightly wound.   My life is much better from CPAP as well and from the knowledgeable folks here.

I never wanted to p*** anyone off… and to those who were offended may I humbly suggest to perhaps to stop and smell the flowers too, they all don’t squirt you back in the eye regardless of the clown behind it… and maybe perhaps add a little more fiber to your diet… the crow’s feet as one ages are much better from laughing as opposed to squinting and grunting.

Be well, sleep well and God bless. 
Respectfully,
frank.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: An Apology...
No problem from me. Except now I have to take this Y fitting back to home depot.  Too-funny
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
You almost got me, but I ususally pass over the more off the wall posts, so I didn't initially comment. With your snoring dog, I can't help you much, but if you want to have a more enjoyable dinner with your dog, Ikea has a solution for that...

Ikea Hundstol
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm still wondering why my RERA's aren't working like another posters on that other forum!

I wish they wood, LOL
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
No issue here. Didn't know at first what to make of sharing a CPAP. So be it. C'est la vie

Coffee
Dave

I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional direction or advice. Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a good first step. My recommended first steps include getting good walking shoes, 1 great cup of coffee, and a good GPS.

Wiki Info for Beginners
Sleepyhead Chart Organization
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Frank.  I thought your post was quite clever for an April fools joke.  It made me laugh!  Does that make me a fool?  Maybe, but I'm good with that.
Post Reply Post Reply
No worries. I wasn't offended at all. I did find it very peculiar... but I've seen and heard many peculiar things in my life, so I didn't imagine it might be a joke. But I sure did chuckle at it each time I read it... which was several times, as I tried to figure out why someone could possibly want that. It was only as I summarized it to my husband, and he reminded me of the date, that I realized how elaborate the joke was. We both found it funny, and very clever. And my husband reminded me how sarcasm goes right over my head!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
No offense on my part -- thought it was imaginative and caused me to wake up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't see it.. 

But I'm guessing you are Australian. ( no location showing in your profile )

Don't be too upset... the rest of the world just don't get our humour.  Unsure

Hopefully you had a good Easter though.  Big Grin

Keep laughing, keep smelling the roses, life is too short to worry about most things.  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought it was pretty funny.  I also read it to my husband and he thought it was hilarious.  

I was actually going to post something along the lines of you contacting Resmed to ask them to work on a  "For us" model for couples. LOL

It's good to laugh.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  an apology of sorts sheepless 14 950 08-14-2018, 09:35 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.