Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

An early Christmas gift
An early Christmas gift
Our two grown sons collaborated over the past several weeks and gave my hubby and I an early Christmas gift when they were home for the Thanksgiving holiday.  The gift is a pair of tickets to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra on 29th December.  I have always admired this orchestra and never in our wildest dreams did either of us think we would see them live in person.  To say we are excited is an understatement.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: An early Christmas gift
Nice gift! I would love to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra. They are my favorite as well.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
What a delightful gift-something you've always wanted.

What thoughtful children.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I knew the music but never knew who played it. Thanks to your post I just downloaded the music.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Very cool!

Have never seen TSO but have friends who have and they comment on how good the show is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone told me that I will need ear plugs because the music is "intense". But I tried to explain to them that I am literally deaf in one ear and I wear a hearing aid in the other ear. Also, I don't know how to handle going through the metal detector with my insulin pump and continuous glucose monitor.
Post Reply Post Reply
You won't need a hearing aid. You'll probably need to shut it off or the noise will use up the battery. Smile

Check with the venue. They probably have a web site with a contact phone or email and ask them about entering with medical equipment. You might have to go through a certain door where the personnel are better trained to deal with those things.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(12-09-2017, 08:23 AM)AlanE Wrote: You won't need a hearing aid. You'll probably need to shut it off or the noise will use up the battery. Smile

Check with the venue. They probably have a web site with a contact phone or email and ask them about entering with medical equipment. You might have to go through a certain door where the personnel are better trained to deal with those things.

I did check with the venue and they advised me to inform the security personnel that I have two medical devices (insulin pump and CGM).  The security person was kind and had me step aside from the line of people waiting to go in and they did a hand wand over my devices, in my purse and on my person.  The whole process took less than 2 minutes.

The show was absolutely fabulous and my husband and I had a wonderful time.  The music is indeed intense but oh so wonderful.  I would go again if I had the chance.
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife and I had the opportunity to see this show just before Christmas and we were completely blown away by the performance.

I had heard their music many times before from recordings and the radio, but seeing them live was an entirely different experience. The laser and pyrotechnics show with the music was phenomenal to say the least. It was intense, so it was fortunate for us that the only seats available were far a way from the main stage. There were actually no "bad" seats in this particular venue. We could see everything going on on the various stages and sets.

I highly recommend this show to anyone who enjoys "orchestrated rock" music. I have been to many rock concerts over the years and TSO is without a doubt the most exhilarating one I've ever attended.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2018, 10:18 AM)upsman Wrote: My wife and I had the opportunity to see this show just before Christmas and we were completely blown away by the performance.

I had heard their music many times before from recordings and the radio, but seeing them live was an entirely different experience. The laser and pyrotechnics show with the music was phenomenal to say the least. It was intense, so it was fortunate for us that the only seats available were far a way from the main stage. There were actually no "bad" seats in this particular venue. We could see everything going on on the various stages and sets.

I highly recommend this show to anyone who enjoys "orchestrated rock" music. I have been to many rock concerts over the years and TSO is without a doubt the most exhilarating one I've ever attended.

My husband and I are of the 'older generation' and we weren't sure we would like the rock music although we love TSO music.  After the first song we were indeed blown away.  Glad you and your wife had the same chance to see them.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I got what for Christmas? AlanE 15 966 01-08-2019, 10:19 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Venting - Burned Out Christmas Tree Lights Crimson Nape 12 929 11-29-2018, 09:01 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Merry Christmas MitchS 5 967 12-26-2017, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Iso0725
  A Retired Policeman's Christmas Tale... S.L. Ping Beauty 0 707 12-22-2017, 03:32 PM
Last Post: S.L. Ping Beauty
  Really neat Christmas feel-good story S.L. Ping Beauty 0 729 12-20-2017, 11:01 PM
  Christmas songs DeepBreathing 9 1,005 12-09-2017, 07:51 PM
  A little early, but... Bompa 5 1,224 12-21-2016, 10:32 AM
Last Post: AlanE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.