Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

An experiment with my Dreamstation
An experiment with my Dreamstation
Hi,

I have been doing some thinking and I want to try my Dreamstatiion out for w night in autocpap mode. I was reading and there is some fine tuning in terms of setting a range. There isn't any clear guide or sort of range so if I am at 14 can anyone recommend a sight or a non-clinical or binding range that would make sense.

I want to see if I sleep better on the autopap settings. If I am not allowed to ask this I apologize. The guide on the front page just was very very wide in its settings window.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: An experiment with my Dreamstation
If you are running at 14cm, you can try something along the lines of 10 to 12 as the lower and maybe 16 to 18 as the upper. The upper limit isn't as much of a concern as the lower. The CPAP should only go as high as needed. The lower pressure should be in your treatment pressure range and not so low as to make you feel like you're suffocating. I would highly recommend that you obtain analytical software so you can see if this is working for you. I for one can't use the auto titration mode on my machine. My breathing pattern produces a very fuzzy flow limit and makes my CPAP think I need more pressure.

Good luck.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2016, 05:14 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you are running at 14cm, you can try something along the lines of 10 to 12 as the lower and maybe 16 to 18 as the upper. The upper limit isn't as much of a concern as the lower. The CPAP should only go as high as needed. The lower pressure should be in your treatment pressure range and not so low as to make you feel like you're suffocating. I would highly recommend that you obtain analytical software so you can see if this is working for you. I for one can't use the auto titration mode on my machine. My breathing pattern produces a very fuzzy flow limit and makes my CPAP think I need more pressure.

Good luck.

Thank you for your direction.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going to bracket the Crimson Nape and say 11 for the low auto setting, nd 16 for the top. We are on the cusp of having a functional Sleepyhead for your machine. Meanwhile you can view the full data in Encore Pro.

At a fixed pressure of 4 you should look at your machine data summary and note your daily, 7-day and 30 day (if applicable) AHI, and types of apnea events. We rely on interpreting events to judge the effectiveness of pressure changes, so it's going to be a challenge until we have a good, easy to use software to display the efficacy data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My prescribed CPAP pressure was 15. APAP setting of 10-16 I found to be nearly perfect so;
I agree with the Sleeprider that 11-16 may be just the ticket.
Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree. 11 or 12 min. You could simply leave tje max at 20 if you wanted . Machine wont go higher than it needs to.
But if you want to cap the max id set about 16 or 17.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,713 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Can I test myself for sleep apnea? I want to experiment with different approaches HoloPed 4 710 10-11-2022, 04:10 PM
Last Post: taylorgtr
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,533 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 1,303 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino
  Not Diagnosed, But Let The Experiment Begin rsandhu 17 1,721 08-04-2020, 11:10 AM
Last Post: ar14
  EERS Experiment Data (sherwoga) sherwoga 170 13,246 02-17-2020, 03:12 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  In Need of explanation of results of Cervical Collar Experiment Plmnb 11 2,553 12-16-2019, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.