Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

An update on my ASV use
An update on my ASV use
Hello all,
I've been a stranger and have not really been an active poster lately.
So, lately for the past 45 days or so, I've not been able to get more then 4.5 or 5 hours of sleep while using my machine, but damn do I feel great!
I have not used SleepyHead yet, my sleep Dr. assigned one of her RPN's to work with me, this man has gone out of his way to make time to see me whenever I want or need to!
I need to change the pressure settings in my profile as he has adjusted it a couple of times. When I am no longer being treated like i am their only patient I will set up SleepHead.
From the beginning of this latest journey that started with a referral from my personal doc to see a sleep doc has been about 10 months, after about seven months I became a voice they did not want to hear from, enough bitching and complaining they decided to turn things around and pay attention to my care!.

I will be lurking and learning like I have been for the last 4 months, again a big thanks to those who have directly helped me in the early days, Sleeprider, DeepBreathing and more i forget about, the advice has helped me in many ways! To all the others who ask questions, thank you! I would not have thought about many of them and have been educated well because of them.

Thanks

SarcasticDave, how is your treatment working?

That's all for now, i will be around.
"Right wrongs nobody" 
Mountain Charlie McKiernan 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: An update on my ASV use
Keep in touch. Hopefully you get the hours you need, whatever that is. It would be interesting to hear more about your experience with the RPN. It's great to find someone genuinely interested in their craft and curious in matters of improving your results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Shift Worker,
A sincere apology on the long delay. I just came across this.

My ASV treatment is doing very well. I've been on it about 4 months. Made 2 adjustments after the 3rd month; adjustment of EPAP Min up to 9.4 then 3 days later up to 9.6. I'm averaging weekly under 1.0 AHI and many nights at 0. Getting an increase to 5.5 hrs average sleep nightly as well.

Hoping you're doing well also.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello All.
I thought I would just "check in " with you all. I am still here, reading lots. I was not able to log in for about a half a year! I finally got the password reset option to work.
I am still using therapy and getting a blissful 6 hours of sleep, I don't seem to need more then this. I work overnights, hence the name Shift Worker, and feel great, I am alert and productive during my shifts and when ready for bed I can actually fall asleep! This has not always been the case for me, I was diagnosed with some B.S. called "Sleep Onset Insomnia" and before treatment it would take hours to fall asleep just to get eight or more hours of restless sleep, to get up and feel like I haven't slept at all.
I am very thankful for this group of helping people, while my treatment team has managed my care really well, they are not around if I have a silly question, because you guy's are here I get answers to most anything I can think of, even without asking!
I will probably be around for a long while, just lurking, or adding a comment here and there if it is relevant. The ability to check in whenever has given me what I needed in times when I felt like this CPAP stuff was not going to work, or, as I do so often, think I have surely been cured by now. This forum is, simply put, an amazing resource for all!
Thanks
"Right wrongs nobody" 
Mountain Charlie McKiernan 
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to hear things continue to go well and have improved. Don't stay away for so long, I'm sure others can benefit from your experiences. Sleepyhead would be a nice addition for you, but knowing you feel well is often the bottom line. ASV is an amazing therapy and too few doctors are aware of it or its benefits. It is amazing how many "problem cases" arrive here at Apnea Board and find a solution in ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I worked rotating shifts for 30 years. Some rotations lasted 30 days, and some, not more than 1 week. 

Thought for sure that when I retired (2010) that I'd have issues trying to sleep normally. I was lucky I guess, as I made the transition easily enough. 

Glad to hear that you don't seem to be having any real troublesome issues with your sleep patterns since starting therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Shift Worker, welcome back.

It's great to know that your ASV is serving you well. They're not for everybody, but the people who need them really do need them - and they can often work miracles.

Please keep us up-to-date with your progress, and feel free to jump into discussions to let your experience help others.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 361 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 271 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 579 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  [Equipment] Airsense Autoset 11 FW Update GrumGrum 0 451 10-16-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: GrumGrum
  AS11 AutoSet auto update Gideon 10 2,990 09-28-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  AirSense 11 OTA update Millstone50 12 3,462 09-01-2023, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Millstone50
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,076 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.